Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Some pictures

Carlee and Nathan left last night for Anchorage, and she's getting her chemo and Herceptin treatments today. (As I write this, in fact.)

Rabbit Trail: I want to mention, by the way, an AMAZING movie about the man who discovered Herceptin. It's called Living Proof, and I just watched it before I left to come here. It is absolutely riveting and I definitely recommend it for everyone to see! You will cry, but you will also be amazed by this powerful story. To us it means the world because without Herceptin, there would be no treatment for Carlee's cancer. I would write more about it, but I think my sister is planning on writing about it on her blog eventually. Please... watch this movie and tell me what you think.


Anyhow, the kids and I are having fun. (I mean Rice Crispies with chocolate syrup for breakfast... how much cooler does it GET for a kid!?) I thought I'd post some pictures from my first two days at Home in Nome. Enjoy! :)

The view from our window. (Yep... gray!) We're so blessed to have the beautiful sea to look at! I thank God for it every day.

Carlee loved looking at all the fun little gifts friends and family sent. :) Thank you to everyone!


The Hobbits had scattered my bed with adorable notes and pictures! they were so excited that they pretty much dragged me to my room as soon as I walked into the apartment. So fun. :)

Mmmmmm! Nate knows the way to my heart. :) He is a world-class frappucino maker. This was my welcome home present from him and it was a peanut butter frappe. I was pretty much incapacitated in a delirious state of glory after my first taste.


Yesterday was our first day of school for Noah! Shaina and Kate had some pre- school things to work on so it was a family affair. :) I'm so proud of Carlee, homeschooling the kiddos! And I'm glad to be a part of it. Maybe I'll be an old pro at it by the time I have my own. :)

Even Wesley got in it.
Sort of.

Alas! Quite a heavy work load for the Drama Queen.

5 comments:

  1. REJOICING OVER THE GREAT NEWS FROM YOUR MAMA!!! WOW, I AM THRILLED DANI! PLEASE HUG CARLEE FOR ME AND TELL HER HOW DEEPLY I AM REJOICING OVER HER TERRIFIC NEWS TODAY! HALLELUJAH!
    o.k., i will calm down a bit now to say i really enjoyed your post again and feel as if i am there with you. =o) i am praying for kate and her fever.
    hugs to you lizzie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dani,
    I keep meaning to put some comments on here and thank you for these great updates - and your wise, insightful, inspiring words! Your an awesome little sister, you know that? I'm so glad you can be there for Car, Nate, and the kids. Thank-you, Dani. Oh, by the way, we downloaded "Living Proof" on iTunes from here in Ukraine and laughed and cried through it. And then, today, we get this incredible news of how God is answering prayer for Carlee! Our spirits are so lifted! We love you, Dani - and we're praying that the Lord would keep you strong as you care for those little ones! Love, Scott, Oksy, and all your little Sobie fan club in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got on to see if you had any updates on Carlee. I can tell by the other comments something wonderful must be going on. Could you please update me on my blog? Glad to see you made it there safely. Could you send me your email so I can keep in touch? Give Carlee hugs from us. Praying for you guys. Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear Dani Girl,
    Wow!! What wonderful news about your big Sis! God is good ~ all the time. I can't imagine how excited they must be. We felt a little of that in Church last night:o) We're gonna keep on praying for all of you there. The pictures are so good. In spite of the dark & gray skies life is good. The kiddos look adorable, too. I was wondering if that peanut butter frappe incapacitates you anything like Mt. Dew????? Just wondered :o))) Keep encouraged Teacher Aunt Dani!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, I forgot to tell you last comment was from me. Mrs. Mac

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!