Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bath Time, etc.



"I told Kate, she can't be a baby bear in the
bathtub. It's sort of distracting. And
girls don't be's
baby bears in the bathtub.
They be's
ballerinas and princesses and
girls that
dance and wear dresses."
-Princess Shaina





Carlee, Nathaniel, and baby left for Anchorage
last night. She just finished her 5th round of
chemo, and said it went great!
I know she'd
appreciate your prayers. Carlee
has been feeling
a little apprehensive about this week...I think
the dread of pokes,
prods, needles and
complications is weighing on her. Thank you and
God bless you who so
consistently lend her your
prayer support!! She truly counts on it.

So: It's just me and the kids for a few days.
I am the sole authority in a houseful of
rambunctious Little People. Quite the
euphoric
feeling of authority for someone, like me, who
has been at the bottom of the
sibling totem
pole all my life. (wink!)

It's Beluga Whale season around here, and I
think after the kids wake up from naps
we'll
take the six-wheeler out of town a bit and
scan the sea. I'd LOVE to see a Beluga! The
kids never tire of walking
along the shore
and collecting glass rocks. There are
few shells here, but people
place colored
glass bottles on the ice during winter, and
by the time they reach the
shore months later
they've turned into brown, blue, green,
and clear pieces of smooth,
gem-like stones.
A child's treasure.
But I still haven't
figured out a good use for them. Any ideas?


Another note: my computer's generally making
it hard for me to leave comments on most blogs,
including my own. But if you've left a
comment, thank you and consider yourself
hugged. :)

Now, off I go a'whale watching.


6 comments:

  1. thank you for the hug lizzie!!!!!!!!!!!! i NEEDED that. =o) love the pics of the princesses and prince in the tub. you are doing a fab job with the little hobbits. hope you see the whale. it is our privilege to pray for carlee and all of you. you are family. hugs! chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog. I find it very inspirational. The pictures are amazing! I pray for all of you in Alaska to sail smoothly thru these trying times. As for the glass rocks, they would look beautiful in some stepping stones. I have made quite a few stepping stones with sea shells and have them placed throughout my yard or have given quite a few away as gifts. Thank you Dani- you are an amazing young woman. Thinking of all and keeping you close in thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani Girl,
    What cute pictures of the kids in the tub :o) You're such an awesome Auntie!! I'm sure Carlee is relieved that you are there to care for the children while they are gone. And I also have to say that it is our privilege to pray for Carlee & all you there at this trying time. I hope the hunt for whales was successful & we'll see pictures posted here soon! Love you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani,The kids are getting so big even Wesley.You are doing a wonderful job of taking care of them Auntie Dani keep up the good work.Lots of prayers for Carly and Nathaniel and will continue to pray I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY.Have fun whale watching hope you see one.Love ya bunches and xoxoxoxo's from the Glenny children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute little baby bears they would make! Hope you saw a beluga. Alaska sounds so amazing, it's hard for me to understand now why I never had a desire to go there.
    Praying for Carlee and ALL of you, as always.
    love ya'. Come to Florida to warm up when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani,

    Your Mom's cousin Joyce here. Enjoy the Beluga's they are a favorite of mine though I have only seen them at the aquarium. I could spend hours watching them! As for the colored stones: My grandaughters gave me a glass vase covered with colored stones for Christmas last year. It's beautiful, we use it to collect loose change. Good Luck watching the little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!