Friday, September 18, 2009

A Bloody Good Time!

Joe Fiskeaux shot this moose cow a few days ago, and the butchering is a family affair. We went over to their house and had a grand old time cutting the meat. (And our fingers.) Below, Joe is holding up his bullet, which he found while butchering.

Nate and Harvey lugging a hunk of moose inside

Prime rib anyone?? :) It looks pretty disgusting, and it was... but, somehow, it was a lot of fun too. Somehow.

Mary: a pretty cute meat packager! :)

Nancy posing with some of her fresh moose roasts

4 comments:

  1. That is really neat!! Is this the first moose cow that Joe ever shot? It must be an exciting time for everyone to cut up all that meat. I love the picture of you looking down through the meatless ribs :o) And I can't believe how much little Mary is growing! Wow!! I love you & hope you all have a wonderful day! Mama Mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how something "gross" like that is also immensely fun? You don't really think about this being the muscle of a moose you're chopping up lol I've cut up a couple deer and stuff so I know a little bit about that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmm, could you please update a new post, so that when i come to your blog i don't see these bloody bone pictures?? ty!!!!! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, looks like you're having way too much fun up in Alaska! :-) I was amazed at how much meat you all got off the moose! Any idea of how many pounds? Looks like a lot more than any deer my brothers have ever shot!
    Wanted you to know I'm praying for you and Carlee's family. May the Lord give you strength as you care for the children...
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!