Thursday, June 18, 2009

Playing the waiting game...

...And I never was a very patient person.
Carlee was admitted to the hospital yesterday evening and she's been having contractions, but it's not going much farther than that right now. The kids were a little bummed when I put them down for a nap and they didn't have a new baby brother yet. I think they think it's my fault that things are going so slow. :) Mimi (my mom) arrived in town yesterday, and they were delighted to see her! I'd add a picture of her and the kids that I took yesterday, but Nathan currently has the cord I need for my camera at the hospital.
While I type this I'm sitting on a sunny window seat overlooking a green lawn (What a contrast to Nome... THERE'S GRASS IN ANCHORAGE!) and birch and pine woods. Anchorage is such a beautiful place. It's warmer than Nome, so the 24 hrs. of light produce huge flowers and the greeeeenest plantlife. The air smells sweet and musty here. Sue (with her spaniel Lady Jane) is the kind and *very flexible* woman who has opened her home to mom, the kids and I for a few weeks. We've never even met her, but she felt the Lord prompting her to do this for us! This place is like a bed and breakfast; a huge log home down a rocky forest road with a big stone fireplace and a beautiful area for the kids to play outside. I guess bears sometimes amble into the back yard! This house is the type of place where you keep noticing new nooks and crannies... a library, a little corner by the fireplace with a leather sofa, a playroom for the kids under the eaves of the house, etc. We are so blessed by this dear sister's generosity and hospitality. I am asking the Father to pour grace (she'll need it!) and blessings on Sue. The kids already seem to like "Miss Sooze". :) And she seems to be properly appreciating their utter adorableness. :)
And, like I said, now we're just sitting,... waiting,... for baby to make his grand entrance. Why on earth does it have to take so long!? (Thanks a lot for that whole childbirth curse thing, Eve.)

I read this yesterday in Psalm 62; David repeats it several times: "My soul finds rest in God alone." I've been meditating on it all day. It fills my heart with peace and with love for my kind Master.
"My soul finds rest in God alone."

3 comments:

  1. dani,
    It sounds like you are in such a beautiful and peaceful place to wait. And maybe after all you will see that bear!!!
    We are waiting and praying with you.
    Love ya, Kari Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be remembering Carlee in prayer today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all of you. I so appreciate your heart Dani. Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!