Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Benediction

Recently, this is the song I've been falling asleep to on my iPod. It makes me feel as if a prayer is being breathed over me. It fills my heart with rest in the midst of the 'trauma' that life's lobbing our way these days. I'm reminded that because Christ is orchestrating every step of it, life is a glorious journey- a beautiful and victorious journey, for no matter how erratic and even cruel it seems at times, the Master's loving hand has written the map. Glory to God!  

"May the grace of God go with you, as we go our separate ways 
May your heart be filled with nothing less than pure and perfect praise 
And may His joy be yours as He opens doors 
To a life so rich and free... 
May the grace of God go with you, and shine that all might see.  
May the grace of God go with you, when you climb the steepest slopes 
May your every step, though filled with pain, be fuller still with hope! 
And when the heat is strong and the road seems long, 
May you hold to heaven's hand. 
May the grace of God go with you, and give you strength to stand. 
May the grace of God go with you, may His heartbeat be your own- 
And the bond of love grow stronger as we journey onward home 
And may the peace of Christ rest upon your life; 
May it lighten every load! 
May the grace of God go with you as you walk the golden road. " 
-Brent Vernon  

Here's the only video I could find of Brent singing this song. Sorry; the quality's pretty poor!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVED that song! I had never heard it before but it was so encouraging and just as you discribed...as a prayer.

    In your last post with the picture of you with the dog...is your hair short? Did you get it cut or is it just the angle of the photo?

    Love you and still praying for all of you. Know that my deepest desire is to give you a hug and sit and talk with tea...or maybe cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Dani,

    Wishing that I could send a whole big truckload of hugs and love to you all. Praying ALOT for you guys and I know I'm not the only one. Thank you for sharing the song... may the Lord continue to sweep over you with His wonderful peace as you keep turning to gaze at Him. Love ~ Danelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked to your blog from Carol H. FB...one of many, I'm sure...but thought instead of just lurking I'd comment:) I appreciated hearing your heart...God Bless You! I will be praying for you all...(i also love this song.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dani,
    We have been reading your updates (and Carly’s updates) and have been tearfully grieving with you all, and praying. Each of your reports have been so beautiful, hopeful, and have consistently brought glory to the Lord. I am sad but encouraged and edified each time I visit your blogs. My faith is built as I see how the Lord is faithful to sustain even through these dark times. Thank you so much for your example to me of cleaving to Jesus in the midst of the trial and demonstrating His goodness and faithfulness to the world.
    “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27:14
    Much Love in Jesus!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!