Monday, March 02, 2009

An Ode to Nate (wherein he tries to figure out why I am buttering him up.)


This is my favorite pic of Nate and I, even though it was taken a century ago. Pun intended!

Add ImageThat brother of mine...
...He's a funny guy. :)
He made a video for a class at his church in Arkansas which I just finished watching.
I think he's a pretty stellar actor!
(He gets it from me.)
I have to take this opportunity to say how very much I love and admire Nate! His passion for souls, his eagerness to serve the body of Christ, and his love for those around him is incredible to me. He's studying to be a missionary pilot, and his dedication to this call and sacrifice in order to see it come to pass has been a challenge to me. He's been willing to give up great desires and little comforts alike to further the kingdom of Christ and press towards the goal God has set before him.
Not only that, but Nate is the funnest guy I know. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else, and always brags about it, too. ("You can't NOT laugh if I want you to!" ...Augh!) Nate, thank you for the love and example you've given to me as my big brother. You're one of my heroes.


And I'm not buttering you up.



2 comments:

  1. I wonder where that picture was taken (a century ago)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I really like that photo.
    I took one kind of like it at a fair we had once :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!