Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Dueling Holy Books

Excerpts from Muhammad's letter this morning:

MY DEAR SISTER AND FRIEND TODAY I WILL TALK ABOUT MY HOLY QURAN ONLY , I WILL PROOF TO YOU THAT THERE IS ONLY 1 ALLAH , AND JESUS(Peace Be Upon Him ) IS HIS MESSENGER.
PLZZZ READ MY EVERY STAEMENT OF MY EMAIL WITH ATTENTION , BECUSE I AM WRITING FOR U ... SO THAT YOU COULD REALISE THAT JESUS NEVER PREACHED CHISTIANITY , HE ALWAYS PREACHED ISLAM.
I HAVE a VERRY VERY VERY SMALL QUESTION FOR U .
WHERE IN UR BIBLE JESUS(P.B.U.H) TOLD U THE WORD CHRISTIANITY OR CRUCIFICTION.
MY DEAR SISTER LIFE IS TOO SHOT, SO READ HOLY QURAN, U WILL FIND THAT IN YOUR RELIGION THERE ARE INFINITE ERORS.
ISLAM IS A RELIGION IN WHICH WE 1ST UNDERSTAND AND THEN WE BELIVE.
BUT IN OTHER RELIGIONS YOU FIRST BELIVE , THEN STILL YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND.


(He likes capitals, size 20 font, color, and highlighting. His letters are dizzying!)

He goes on to site several instances where the Quran intimated scientific facts long before they were officially discovered. Such as, the orbit of the planets. "How could men have written this without the inspiration of God?" he asks.

His questions are hard to answer. As you see above, some of them are hard to answer only because of how rediculously illogical they are.

And then there is the question I constantly ask the Holy Spirit: "should I argue this one with him? Or should I just speak of Jesus yet again in my next letter and ignore the foolish questions?" I'm greatful that the Spirit of God is fighting this one and it's not up to me... because Mohammad's case would be hopeless if that were not so.

Please... pray for him if you think of it!

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel. -Eph. 6:19
(What a mind boggling privilege that is!!)



2 comments:

  1. My dearest friend...First off your picture is adorable! They say a picture is a thousand words and I would think that this one applies! As for the dialogue you are having with Muhammad, I will be praying that God gives you wisdom beyond your years. You are wise not to just get caught up in the argument but be willing to let illogical accusations slide for the more important things. Just a thought on the scientific "proof" within the Quran that he talks about, he is inaccurate that it is not also in the Bible. David talked about the world being round in Psalms and then heavens are talked about it detail in Job. (Such as the stars singing...there is now proof that each star sends out a "note" that is out of range of the human ear but each star is different. If you could hear them all it would sound like a great choir). Let me know if you need verses for those if you want to use them and I could look further.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for wisdom and discernment for you! What a great opportunity to show the love of God! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!