Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Paul Washer on Regeneration

I know, I know: who posts sermons on their blog? Tends to be unexciting, so possibly if you see that there are no photos or interesting anecdotes in this post you'll click off and forget about it. Or, if you're semi-noble you might make a mental note to listen to the sermon but come back next month and remember that you forgot to remember to do that. "Oops."

But this is an incredible sermon and I really encourage you to listen to it. C'mon I don't ask that much of you, do I??

This morning while reading in My Utmost For His Highest, I came upon the word "regeneration" and did a bit of a word study on it. Though it's only found once in Scripture as relates to our hearts (Titus 3:5) it's an intriguing, exciting reality! This afternoon I Googled "Paul Washer Regeneration" because I had a hunch Washer has probably preached about it and....yes! YES! It's an amazing sermon and I hope and pray that if you've come across this page you'll take 50 minutes to listen to it. I listened while baking cookies. :)

50 minutes to contemplate the Invisible Realities... not much time, when you think about time, is it?

Praise GOD for this amazing truth, and for helping me to understand it more today. Please comment if you have any thoughts about it! Or, just comment if you listened because I'm interested to know if anyone will.

(FYI: The cookies are delicious. Chewy.)


5 comments:

  1. your mom was telling me about this today, so imagine my surprise when i checked in with you tonight to find it right at my fingertips. i just listened to it and will need to listen to it again. it is very heavy, very thought provoking and good. wish i would have had some of your chewy cookies to enjoy whilst i listened! hugs!! chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to CHICA! You listened!
    You wonderful person, you.
    But you're right; it IS heavy stuff. I am planning on listening again soon too.
    I love you, lady and I hope you'll give your girls hugs from me.
    Thanks for your faithful comments and the love sent with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just downloaded the MP3 of this from Sermonaudio.com to put on my ipod. Anxious to listen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i told your mom after listening i wasn't sure i was saved! she assured me i was. grin. i love you too. when am i going to see you again???? i miss you!
    and nate, enjoy! looking forward to seeing you again sometime my brother. please hug carlee for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Sophie! I can't get on your blog which is a little sad because I'd love to be able to keep up with you! Thank you so much for stopping by occasionally and for letting me know. :) I'm so glad the Lord has brought you into a profession you love. Working with the elderly is tough much of the time, but a VERY, VERY precious job. I once heard a quote, that a society is measured by how they treat their weakest members. This is one reason that I think wholehearted caregivers for the elderly make this world a more beautiful place. So you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!