Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tagged.

Hmm... I've never been tagged online before (or if I have, I didn't see the great need to acknowledge it. Is that snobby?) But when Carrot Soufflé Lady tags ya, you can't just ignore it. It's a bit of a conundrum for me, because to not acknowledge the tag is a little rude. But to assume that you are interested in my answers to these questions seems a tad egotistical. So this one's for you, CSF...Particularly because your questions are... wow. Really lovely and thought provoking. So, without further ado, here goes.

1. I have a painting in my home that immediately gets my heart to singing Sheep May Safely Graze. Is there a photo or a painting or even an object that makes you think of a song to sing? If not a song, is there a Bible verse that comes to mind?
When I was in Orlando, Florida many years ago, I took a picture at the Holy Land Experience; a picture of the actor portraying Jesus. He was holding a lamb and speaking to the crowd, and at one moment, he hugged the lamb. I snapped the picture right then, and I still have it up on my mirror in my room at home; Jesus with his head bent tenderly down to the lamb, snatching it up in a wholehearted embrace. The picture brings to mind His words in Luke 12:32- "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." I remember I am His lamb and He loves me tenderly and guides me carefully. And I live for the day when I'm getting a wholehearted embrace from Him, like the lamb in my picture. :)


2. If you could sit across a table with someone living today, who would it be and what one question would you ask them? Please, I beg you, no politicians.
Yikes, I guess most of the people I want to meet are dead already! So if I could choose to sit across the table from anyone today, I think the funnest, least stressful, most delightful time would be with my nephew Wes. I miss him so much. And I would ask him silly questions to make us laugh. :) Sound like a unexciting choice? You don't know Wes!

3. We are studying the history of classical music at our home. If you could choose one piece of classical music, what selection would you choose, who is the composer, and why does this song have meaning to you?
My all time favorite classical piece (not including Handel's Messiah because that's more a choral piece I suppose) is the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky. Not only is this song passionate and beautiful, but when I hear it, I'm immediately transported to Blossom Music Center, laying under the stars with my family on a blanket on the 4th of July, hearing the crickets in the background adding to the Cleveland Orchestra, waiting for the cannons to boom. Blossom with my family on the 4th is one of my happiest memories in the world.

4. What one thing in all of creation that you can see with your eyes, grips your heart and makes you stand in awe of His majesty? Why?
One thing!? The night sky, I suppose. Because it's vastness reminds me of the vastness of my God-- it's beauty reminds me of His beauty--To think that He calls all the stars by name reminds me of His unbelievable power--to look at the constellations reminds me of His imagination and order. And to think that the Creator of all that loves ME, completely boggles my mind.

5. Is there any thing you are
fanatical about? How do you know (has somebody told you!)?
In the past I've been fanatical about a few things, but I don' t think I'm a particularly "fanatical" type of person anymore. Suppose I can tend to be a little crazy about animals. I kiss them, which has shocked and greatly disturbed Mr. Gren. My passion, other than my Creator, is people. I love knowing them and meeting them and people watching to discover new and interesting "specimens," as my brothers and I call them. :)

6. If you could choose a season, which one is your favorite and why? Describe what it looks like outside your window today.
Summer, I think. I love the warmth and the flowers; the chance to be outside. Today out my window the sky is a very unpromising gray.The sea is very calm, and there are a few late-season lobster boats floating past. The gulls are flying so close to the surface that I'm amazed their wings don't skim it. The trees on the edge of the rocks are a little past their prime color, but they add a beautiful rusty color to the scene. It looks...cold out there. :(

7. What's your favorite
"just got out of bed in the morning" drink and do you have a special place you go to enjoy it?
Depends on my mood; I love chai, tea, hot chocolate, and sometimes coffee. At home I like to curl up on the couch near the fireplace. Here in Mass. I like to sit up in my room overlooking the sea.

3 comments:

  1. First of all Dani, I love your new photo and background. The colors are beautiful and have me thinking of autumn and...Christmas.

    While I would never ever have thought it rude for you not to respond (really, truly!), I am so very glad you did, for now I know more about you than before. You have given me reason to pause regarding your experience with family at Blossom. Perhaps I should try and create something similar for my own family since we are all music lovers. You have painted a very lovely family memory!

    We share the same love of the night time sky for many of the same reasons. I am currently studying Psalm 8...the Majesty of God. I have tried to imagine David sitting underneath a star-filled sky late one night as he composed this psalm on his ancient version of the guitar.

    Thank you, dear Dani. I have so enjoyed this little journey!

    Much love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sweet Michelle! Yes, as much as I loved my "beach theme" it just had to go because fall is in full swing. :)
    Thank you! Yes, Blossom is probably my dearest family memory. I'm positive your family would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lizzie!
    i love your new photo and background too! and loved the previous one. i am with michelle on pretty much everything and was glad to hear you share about blossom....and your wonderful family memories. i just took the girls to severance hall last week, it was a first for all of us, to hear the cleveland orchestra in box seats none the less! we loved it and you make me think the same thing as michell...
    when will you be home for christmas? we have been playing christmas music while decorating pumpkins. ha.
    hey, is there a way you can notify your "readers" when you have posted something new? send us a message in our email?
    can't wait to see you again.
    we are going to a little production of the secret garden this week. would have loved to have had you join us.
    xoxoxo,
    still praying for you all the time,
    chica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!