Saturday, August 28, 2010

Snapshots

I learned in Alaska that for the adoring Aunt, there's nothing like a blog for bragging.
So without further ado, here I go.

David:
Entering the ungainly years when soon pants and ankles will meet halfway, but still--beyond a doubt-- adorable. Terribly smart too. (And still cuddles his auntie!)

Dasha:
Can you see them in the picture? These freckles drive me nuts, they're so cute! And Dasha is a delightfully sunny, affectionate girlie.


Diana:
The loving, slender little princess who tells me "I will miss you when you go away. You are the joy giver." She is unbelievably sweet.

Dalina:
Loves to be called her baby nickname, the little burunduk (chipmunk). Fun-loving and bouncy and she still has that raspy voice. :)

Damara:
Quieter than her siblings... she loves to catch your eye and smile (just like she's doing in the picture). The littlest Sobie is a chubby package of cuteness!


Oksana and her amazing cooking...! She made us a delicious dinner of Russian soup and varieniky (Russian perogies). Sooo-ho-ho good!


I bought a tie-dye kit to make matching shirts with the kids! We had a lot of fun making them and they turned out great. I haven't taken a picture with everybody in it yet, but here's one of David and I in our groovy new duds:

The children do amazingly on the bells! They play both Russian and American songs beautifully. Many churches call to ask them to come and play for services. Here they are, practicing with Papa.
...But not all of them practice. Damara's not quite ready for bells so she cheers them on from the sidelines.


The is the wrapping job I got from Dr. Eyebrows.
For some reason I liked it so I took a picture.
For some reason I liked the picture so I'm sharing it with you.
It might have something to do with garnering sympathy but I'm not going to analyze.

My brother is a FIRST RATE teacher! I loved watching him teach English at a college in Zap. one evening. His students obviously adore him and even I enjoyed the lesson! As in everything else he does, he is a dynamic, energetic, wholehearted, and very personable teacher.

He also makes delicious all-you-can-eat blini.
Worth coming to Ukraine just for THAT.


Hope you enjoyed some snapshots of life in Ukraine! Thanks for stopping in. :)

7 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! I didn't realize how big that they have gotten! Some day we are traveling there together! :)

    Enjoy every minute my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani - Gee, these kids have really grown a LOT!! I follow their blog, but these close-ups really show the changes as they grow! Thanks for posting them. How is the hand? And Dani, bring home the recipe for the blini, okay?
    Hugs all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lizzie! oh, i LOVED this post! thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of your nephew and nieces. =o) absolutely adorable all the way around. so glad you are all having a most blessed time together. i hope the time is going slowly! i love that they play the bells. always remind me of the children in the sound of music! loved seeing the family dinner picture outside. what is blini? it looks good.........hugs to everyone. xoxoxo chica p.s. school starts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.p.s. love the tye die! you are the awesomest auntie! xoxo chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable they are!!! I'm glad you're having a nice visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, It's wonderful to see your beautiful, smiling face! And these children are stunning. I would love to hear them play the handbells. I know you are having the time of your life! Praying for your safe return. Email me when you get to Magnolia.
    Love, Julia Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such adorable nephews/nieces! AND, it's awesome that you get to travel to Europe just to see them :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!