Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Anticipation!

See that lovely family above? I'm going to be with them in a matter of days! This is my brother Scott, sister Oksana, and my other five nieces and nephew: David, Dasha, Diana, Dalina, and Damara! They live in Ukraine and God has opened the door for me to go and see them for a few weeks with my parents. I'm so excited; it's been close to three years! I can't even imagine how changed the children will be from what I remember; it will probably be a bit of a shock at first. I'm anticipating getting some serious "Auntie Time" in, though, and I hope to love on 'em every minute I can.
Mom and Dad will meet me in the Boston airport (where, incidentally, Mr. and Mrs. Gren will be leaving on the same day on a flight to California) and from there we'll hit London for two days, then on to Kiev where we'll meet Scott (teaching at a Bible School there right now) and he'll accompany us on an overnight train ride to their region of Ukraine.
Sounds like an adventure, doesn't it?
I'm always game for an adventure.
(Particularly those involving a new stamp in my passport and nieces and nephews.) :) So...

Via Con Dias, My Darlin'!

...Er actually that's what you should be saying to me, but I have that song in my mind so out it came.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dani, I know you are going to have such a wonderful time visiting those precious nieces and nephew. I cannot get over Damara! I saw her when she was a brand new baby and now she is such a big girl. They are all so beautiful Have a wonderful time :-)

    Mrs. Pleus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. P! You're right... they are BEAUTIFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am rejoicing with you over this fabulous news! I just know you will have the mostest blessed time with them. They ARE beautiful, just like their wonderful auntie!! xoxoxo
    God bless you! Looking forward to your blog of your trip.
    VIA CON DIAS MY DARLIN'!!!!!thanks for putting it in my mind now....... ;O)
    Love, Sheila and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, I hope you have a wonderful time.I am so excited that you get to go to the Ukraine and see your brother and his family.Give them all xoxoxoxo's from the Glenny's and have a safe trip.Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!