Friday, August 06, 2010

Fun with Ginny :)

Elisabeth's younger sister, Ginny, lives nearby and I've liked getting to know her a bit. We share several things in common such as a love for animals, music, and traveling.

We went over to Ginny's home a few days ago and had a singing time. Elisabeth loves music; was once a proficient pianist, and loves to sing. She's got a beautiful, clear, strong soprano voice. We sang some hymns together, which Elisabeth joined in with relish (which is to say, she enjoyed it. Not that she brought a pickle condiment to the music room. Just sayin'.) Elisabeth always seems to like the hymn And Can It Be the most. She nails the high note in the chorus! :)

Also, Ginny and I played around with some of the lovely oldies like You'll Never Walk Alone, Moonlight Serenade and Stardust. Some of my favorites! What an enjoyable time.



Today Ginny invited me to join her at the stables where she keeps her horse, Big Chief. Aptly named. He's huge. And gentle and lovable and beautiful!

It's been so long since I've ridden, and I enjoyed every moment of it! (I know, I know, some of you are even now remembering my last attempt at riding. You're remembering me sprawled on the ground. The broken cinch. The horse running off into the woods. But truly; this wasn't like that okay!?)

Ginny and Chiefie- a lovely pair

Big Chief emboldened me by forcing me into my first jump. I was wanting to attempt a jump but well, he's a rather high fellow (17 hands) and I lost courage. And then I realized that we were galloping towards one and whether I wanted to or not HE was intending to fly over it, so I'd better hang on. He did, and I did, and I can now say that I have JUMPED a horse (or rather, as Ginny says, that he jumped me!) :)

Thanks for a lovely time, Ginny.

6 comments:

  1. Olivia laughed out loud over your "relish" comment! We are lying in bed very late tonight and reading your post. She noticed that you have different outfits on when riding....did you go riding several times, or just the once? How FUN!! I have never seen a horse ear covering thingie before. Ginny obviously loves her horse! Olivia is now asking me "WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN RIDING??"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,
    That's actually Ginny in the first picture. (I WISH I looked that fine when I rode. Heh!) Sorry, I should have clarified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was wondering where you got those fancy boots! got to see your mom for a little while today. she looks great. it was lovely to see her and am looking forward to some time with her in the next few weeks before she leaves for your bro's. looking forward to seeing you in between your next mission! we are going to williamsburg on vacation, wish we could see you too! hugs! have a blessed Sabbath. xoxo love, sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dani!!! I'm so dreadfully sorry I haven't replied to your sweet note much sooner!! We just finished our last camp/VBS of this season and unless something comes up and surprises us, we should be home the rest of the summer! :-) Anyways... our theme this year was "Destination: Heaven!" We had everything and anything airplane related and we learned about Beatitutes. Our airline was "Beatitudes AirWays" and our flight number was 5310 (Matt. 5:3-10). ANYWAYS>>>>>> I thought of you TONS this summer because our continued story was "Walking God's Trail" - the story of The Saint family. We also watched "The End of the Spear". Great great great. My kids were enthralled with the whole story.

    Well, its wonderful to read and hear from you!!

    Hugs!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Dani-girl! You rode! And what a handsome fellow he was! I laughed about him jumping you... I've been jumped too. :) We miss you so much here, and the little Lub-ster is missing out on the extra loving. He's blanket trained now, though. Sort of. I'm so happy for you getting a chance to ride, thank Ginny for me! Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun!

    I always have to laugh when you say "just sayin'", because one of my favorite aunts says that all the time and it is just funny. :) (And you look like her in the picture at the header of your blog, so that makes it doubly funny. ;))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!