Friday, August 20, 2010

Waiting at the airport

This is bound to be a somewhat random breakfast post from Logan International Airport. I am just sittin' around waiting for my parents to arrive so I figured I'd post, if only with the intention of looking to passerbys like an intelligent business sort of woman working on her Mac (ohhh looks can be SO deceiving!)
I got breakfast at Dunkin' Doughnuts and I will not tell you WHAT I got, because I always get a little annoyed when bloggers assume that their readers care about that sort of minutia of their life, but I will mention that the "egg" in my bagel greatly amused me. Aside from a bit of yellow coloring, the Dunkin' Dudes had done nothing whatsoever to make that particular piece of limp flabbiness look or taste even remotely like an egg. Regardless, I still enjoyed my breakfast a ton! :) (And wait a minute; did I just describe the minutia of it!? Yikes! I'm slipping!)
A baggage man or janitor, or other employee of some sort just passed me by, and as I looked up at him I gave him a smile. He in turn looked dourly at me as if he knew some disapproving secret about me. I'm wracking my brain. Could he possible know that I left my English-Russian dictionary at home, or that I didn't make my bed until evening a few days ago, or (horrors!) that I didn't read the Terms of Agreement on my iTunes account but clicked that I had!? I did give him a nice smile and I think he probably wishes he had smiled back. I also think I'm giving too much thought to the grumpy baggage man so I'll move on.
Another observation from this airport:
Does anyone really enjoy this jazzy elevator music!? The melody line (or lack thereof) combined with random percussion makes it sound as if the entire orchestra is falling down a gigantic set of stairs, but still determined to keep playing as they tumble. Even the pianist sounds as if his seat is at a great slant and he's desperately clutching at the keys with twitching fingers in order to keep from hurtling off.

And, a final benediction: bless all the airports who have free WiFi!! :)

As you can see I've got way too much time on my hands right now, but wow I'm excited about this trip!
Love to all,
Dani

4 comments:

  1. Have a great trip Dani!

    Blessings to you all!

    Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you get to go on this trip. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love to your parents and to your brother and family. Enjoy each moment! Love, Lilly and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that was an interesting post.......... grin.
    i am so excited for you dani! have a super blessed time! i know it will be rich beyond words and i am thankful for that for you all. hugs to your mom and dad. looking forward to many pictures and postings while you are there. see if you can post a picture of the queen while you are in london and a double decker bus. ttfn! love you, sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. so okay...I have not read your sister's blog yet...but reading what you wrote in the airport while waiting REALLY made me smile. Love in Christ. Melody
    (this is my first post ever on a blog! Who says you can not teach an ol' dog new tricks!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!