Thursday, April 01, 2010

Luke7
This is the time of year that I try to read through at least one Gospel and meditate on the life of Christ. I've enjoyed Luke this past week. I wish I had something profound to say regarding Easter, but I really don't. However, this verse in Luke stunned me. I'm sure I've read it before, but it never processed, I guess, because I keep coming back to it in amazement after reading it a few days ago:
Luke 12:37
Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
What??
He
will serve us?
I can't wrap my mind around it. I can't comprehend the humility of my Savior. He longs to serve us. And, really,as I think about this concept, it's what He's been doing to me ever since I was born. He serves me by drawing me to Him, by teaching me and reproving me and showing His love in a myriad of ways. Daily I am served by Jesus. Daily He "washes my feet" as it were, and cleanses me from the grime of flesh and world that clings to me.
How do I daily serve Him back? This season I'm asking Him to show me ways to do it. I delight in being the willing slave of Jesus. I love Him so much.

6 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Thanks for those thoughts, Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praising God with you Dani! I love Him so much too.......=o) Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed Easter! He is risen indeed!!!! love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dani. That was so timely and encouraging! Love ya :) Have a very blessed Easter and hey, I might show up on your doorstep soon! I'll be sending you an email :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani!! happy easter!! bugz bunny, eggs...lol. love cha!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS so amazing. Something that can't be comprehended outside the experience. And even then it's something deeper than feeling and more profound than thought.

    Being a servant is so important. And, in addition, reading the last supper I see that you should not resist being served either. To be served is transforming. It's humbling in it's own way. It's all an awesome Mystery!

    Happy Resurrection day!

    -Kev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani,I hope you had a wonderful Easter,The family and I went to Tim's mom's for the weekend we had alot of fun.The kids had a easter egg hunt on Saturday they had a blast.love ya xoxoxox's from the girls and QT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!