Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I'm going to Mexico!

Friday afternoon, I'll be hugging Ashleigh Weis in the Mexico City airport. How very good God has been to me, by giving me the desire of my heart. I've wanted to visit Ash ever since she moved to Mexico two years ago. She's coming back to the States at the end of this month, and her parents are kindly paying my airfare (wow) so I can go down to join her on a last medical crusade and then help her pack up and come back to Ohio. Weis Parents, you are incredible. How could I ever thank you!? I'll try to take good care of your little girl! :)

I'd appreciate the prayers of you, friends and family, as I leave the States. It's a short trip, but I'm excited about it. I've kinda had the itch for international travel lately so maybe this will tide me over for a while. :)

Ashleigh works with a ministry called Fishers of Men. She has given the past two years of her life, serving the Lord in Mexico, and leaving the land and the people she's come to love is so hard for her. I want to be a blessing and support to her as she packs up, says goodbye, and no doubt sobs her eyes out on el avion home.

I'm excited to be going on a medical/evangelistic crusade in a rural area of Mexico. For some pictures and a description of a crusade similar to the one I'll be helping with, please click here. It makes me excited about what God is allowing me to go and be a part of in Mexico! I'd love to have your prayers while I'm away.
  • Prayers for safety
  • Prayers that I will glorify God in every way possible and shine His love even though I can't speak the language
  • Prayers that I will be a huge blessing to Ashleigh
  • Prayers that God will keep tarantulas far away from me
  • And prayers that God will use this trip to teach me and mold me.
Gracias and adios!

ps- Before I go, I'm hoping to post some pictures of what we've been doing around here. So those of you who are interested in Hobbit happenings, stay tuned and I'll upload some photographs of the world's most adorable children.

11 comments:

  1. Well, the idea is that in conversation with you I would only be sobbing, maybe half way home! :) I am THRILLED that you are coming! As far as the tarantula's go...no promises but I can tell you that I have only seen two in two years. So...your prospects of survival are high! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your many inspirational posts, Dani. Our family loves following your blog! We will be praying for you as you travel and serve in Mexico. May God bless you and keep you in His everlasting arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tarantulas??? Oh dear...
    Hey, I'll be praying for you Dani, that you'll be a blessing, be safe, and have fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so very happy for your trip:)...will pray for you!

    i enjoyed and so agree with your post on reading...good thoughts! if you've not read Lauren Winner i'd rec. her...i discovered her in the last few yrs..her "Girl Meets God" is about converting to Christianity from Judaism. and as "singles" (ok you're young and i'm very old!!:) her "Real Sex" is outstanding. i don't agree with everything she says, but she's definitely worth reading.

    our hearts are hurting and praying for your family, although we hardly know you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited for you! I'll be praying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tarantulas are God's way of conforming you to the image of His son, Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani,So excited for you.Will be praying for you as you are there that you will be a blessing.Love ya.xoxoxoxo's from the girls and QT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There seems to be no end to your servant's heart! What you may not see (so I'll tell you) is that God is leveraging all your service BACK INTO you as Christ-likeness. And there is nothing more beautiful than that.

    I'm praying for you. Blessings.

    -Kev

    PS. And remember...Tarantulas need love too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tarantulas need love too??????????????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! Thank you all for your comments! Bethany, you made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you, Dani! :) Have fun and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!