Monday, April 12, 2010

I leave with the FoM (Fishers of Men) team early tomorrow, to go to an area of Mexico about 6 hrs. away that has been very closed to the gospel for a long time. Supposedly they've even run missionaries out of town. A christian worker there has worked extensively over the years, living the exact way they do and softening hearts through her friendship. She's been building trust so that this day could come when we're able to enter and bring the gospel with medical care. We're praying that God would help us to shine HIS love and care for these dear people, and that He would keep us from doing anything that might be culturally offensive or misconstrued. Especially for Ashleigh and I being Americans, there's not a lot of trust so we hope to try and blend in as much as possible so we're not a distraction or hindrance at all. That means keeping cameras and ipods from sight, not wearing excess jewelry, not being overtly "gringo" or shrinking from any of the culture that might seem different to us.
We'll get back Sunday afternoon. I'm excited about this trip! Please, say a prayer for the people we'll be in contact with, if you think about it. I can't express how deeply I long to somehow, though I'm so completely limited by so many barriers, show them a glimpse of the Savior who lives in me. He's not the God of the rich or the God of the Americans. He's the Savior of the world and I hope that the team will be able to express that to those who have been resistant to Him in the past.
Five days with no beds, showers, or elecricity... honestly, I'm kinda looking forward to really roughing it for once in my life, :)
Thanks guys. :)

5 comments:

  1. I am praying for you and your fellow workers and the people you'll be ministering to you! Nothing is impossible with God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord will use your willing heart Dani. Remember that He is strong on our weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani,Will be praying,that you will be a light in the darkness.Love ya.xoxoxo's from the girls and QT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BK- Maybe God will prompt your heart to begin g to learn spanish. I'm sure God could open up some awesome opportunities to befriend and/or share Christ with the Mexicans in your area. It would be hard to resist an opportunity like that. :) Most likely there are some local Spanish speaking ministries you could get plugged into. I think the awesome part about living in America is that the world seems to come to us, so international evangelism is almost as easy as stepping out your front door and speaking to your neighbor at times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!