Sunday, June 05, 2011

A Wedding!

Starting a new life together with prayer

Yesterday we attended the wedding of Elisabeth's granddaughter, Evangeline, in Alabama. It was a BEAUTIFUL wedding (though--really now--don't we say that about them all?) The ceremony was held outdoors on the groom's family ranch. All eight of Elisabeth's grandchildren were there and I was SO glad to finally meet them all!

The grandmother of the bride and her Official Hairdresser (I bestowed the name upon myself.)


Elisabeth and her daughter Valerie chat for a moment before the wedding

Walter gives his daughter away


The second and third generation of Jim Elliots!
(Valerie's son Jim holds his nephew Jimmy during the ceremony)

The beautiful bride and good lookin' groom

What a joy it's been to get to know Valerie and her husband Walter during my time caring for Elisabeth. Before we left the reception, several of Elisabeth's grandchildren came to me with tears in their eyes to thank me for caring for and specifically LOVING their grandma. That meant more to me than I could ever say. I'm not really sure how to express it, but having had a (VERY) small part in the lives of Jim Elliot's wife, daughter and grandchildren is an amazing experience that I never would have dreamed about when I first read his journals years ago and was dramatically changed by his life story. God does surprise us every once-in-a-while...doesn't He? :)

3 comments:

  1. ((HUG)) So glad you were encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family. I am so glad you were able to be there and share in their joy. You have been such a sweet servant to their family. Thank you for being obedient to God's call. Hebrews 6:10

    Love ya!
    Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still so unreal to me that you get to do all these amazing things w/ Miss Elizabeth...WOW! I like your hair up like that. =-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!