Thursday, June 16, 2011

Texas Doings


Elisabeth enjoys a moment with Margaret Ashmore, one of the dear Texan friends she and Lars have made over the years. It's been a huge gift for me to get to know Margaret. She's an amazing woman with a heart as vast as the state she calls home. Click here to check out her web site and read her testimony.


On Tuesday some friends of the Grens put on a beautiful tea and invited folks who either know and love Elisabeth and Lars or have wanted to meet them. We stayed up until after 2:00 am baking cheesecakes, cinnamon rolls, and other goodies and it was worth it; the tea was a beautiful time. Lars spoke for a few minutes and, as usual, had the crowd laughing with his engaging stories of life as Elisabeth Elliot's husband. :)

Laura and her husband Trent are another couple I've been privileged to meet through L&E. They've got darling kids, who Laura brought to the tea, and as you see Elisabeth always enjoys a moment with little ones.

Last Saturday I was a bridesmaid in Kendalyn's Houston, TX wedding. :)
Here we are the day before she ties the knot with Robert.


WOW, Kendalyn is married!?!?!? What a beautiful bride my friend was. (Is!)Her mother had handmade this dress for her own wedding over 20 yrs. ago and it is still gorgeous.

We bridesmades had a few dress malfunctions. (B-I-G understatement.)
One of which was the buttons. The little beasties kept popping off. Here we are about 5 minutes before the wedding sewing away. By the end of the evening little blue buttons were littering the ground where we walked and we had ceased to care.
It was pretty funny.

Amy, Kenalyn and I...three friends from the good old days. :)

Amy and I were kinda' crazy bridesmaids, I'm afraid.
Probably had more fun together than should be legal.

2 comments:

  1. YAY Dani! I've been dying to see your bridesmaid dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! :) I didn't know it was Kendalyn getting married! It looked so lovely. Glad you had a great time and that oyu finally updated your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!