Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Friends, laughter, and words I can't spell

My friend Chelsea introduced me to Rachel who lives not too terribly far from my "home" in Massachusetts. (Note! I am incapable of learning how to spell "Massachusetts"! Without fail I misspell it every time even after careful and concerted study of the word.) Mr. Gren kindly drove me part of the way so I could spend four days with Rachel, her brother Daniel, and Chelsea (who flew from FLORIDA to join us!). It was a blast. The backdrop was a picturesque New Hampshire farm, on which Rachel lives and is the main caregiver for her grandparents.
  • We laughed a lot. The kind of laughing that gives your stomach muscles that happy, tired feeling.
    • We took ridiculously goofy (bordering on bizarre) pictures, and then laughed hysterically over them. More happy tummy muscles.
    • We hiked until I thought we might keel over and die (9 miles isn't THAT far, but half of it was up a mountain and the other half was shoe-less!)
    • We ate copious amounts of ice cream from a dreamy ice cream place called Wade's.

    • We had a terrific photo session. :)

    • We spent an afternoon shooting a pistol, rifle, paintball gun, and even a potato gun. Rachel was an unbelievable shot... Annie Oakley type of unbelievable! I was a horrid shot, but I did leave some well-placed marks with the paintball gun on Daniel's car. Teehee!

    • I think that by far, the best parts of our time together were the conversations we had. Talking with a friend who really understands you is precious. Talking with a friend who helps you to understand GOD more is priceless.

    So thanks guys. :)

    4 comments:

    1. I just found out you have a blog! I really enjoyed reading of your fun times.! Keep looking up, enjoy what God has blessed you with and you will continue to be a blessing to all those around you. Take care and God bless.

      ReplyDelete
    2. what a wonderful weekend! will treasure the memories forever!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sounds and looks positively delightful! Love your new profile picture.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!