Thursday, March 17, 2011


NOME!
I love it here.
So much--and yet so little-- seems to have changed since I was here last time and Carlee was battling cancer. Wow, it's good to be back, and under happy circumstances.
My two brothers, sister, and I haven't all been together in about 7 years because we live really far apart. So the siblings are together for the first time in SO LONG and we are having the time of our lives!!! It's been amazing being able to show Scott and Oksana around Nome. :)
I'll post a whole ton of pictures here in the next few weeks, probably, because I can't decide which I like the most; particularly Iditarod shots! Here are a few pictures of us together.


Us FOUR! (Was going to title this one "Together at Last at the End of the Race" but that rather sounds like an obituary.) :)
Scott, Oksy, Nate and I: lunch at the Polar Cafe

Noah, Shaina, Kate, Wes, and Caleb... with a friend. (I am one blessed Auntie!)

Gearing up for a snow machine/sled ride out of town

Scott lookin' like a tourist, taking a video from the frozen Bering Sea

A snow sculpting contest! My friends and I didn't win but we had a blast building our "Orca Chasing Seal." And it was cool, let me tell you! From L-R: Me, Jess, Nora, and Eric

Uncle Nate indocrinating Caleb with an aviation magazine (Caleb absolutely ADORES his uncle.)

Mama with 'Lub

10 comments:

  1. MORE PICTURES....I MUST HAVE MORE PICTURES!!! I just love them, Dani. Thanks so much for posting them. It does my mother's heart good to know that all my prayers for all those years have paid off....you really do love each other and love being together! Thank you Lord!! (and I've loved having the Sobie grands all to myself (-: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pics are great...can't wait to see more of them! I'm so glad that all of you were able to have this time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Dani! Glad you all are having such a fun and memorable time together!! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't win w/ that sculpture?!?! Must have been some weird political conspiracy, that was AWESOME!!!!! I've never even made a decent snowman. =-/ Fun pictures. Caleb's face is so cute where he's looking at the airplanes. =-D He looks to be indoctrinated alright. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. :)
    Bethany, some of the other sculptures were REALLY good, alas. And, by the way, I can SO see you loving Alaska! You're not quite as "citified" as Wes. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I want to be in Nome with you!!!!! Someday we will have to travel there together or I mught simply DIE! :)

    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so neat that the four of you are all together after seven years!! I can't believe it's been that long, but when you're scattered all over the world, I do believe it :o) How is Carlee? I emailed her months and months ago but never heard back from her! Have fun and tell them all hello for us!!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dorcas...my mom corrected me. It's actually been 4 years, because we were all together briefly four years ago while Scott's family was home on furlough. Not counting THAT, it was 7 years. :)
    As you see from the pics, Carlee is active and doing well. Not 100% yet, but much much better. Thanks be to God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you all could get together and spend some time together.Thanks for the pics they are awesome.Just to see Carlee's smiling face is wonderful.I am so glad to see she is doing well. love all of you.xoxoxo's from the girls and QT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Danielle. I am posting this comment just as a practice before I talk to my students about blogs, so you can erase this if you'd like (if you need the room :>D, for example).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!