Friday, December 31, 2010

I just heard the song "Winter Wonderland" playing softly somewhere. As happens almost always, can't hear it without singing it, so I burst out of the room dancing and crooning at the top of my lungs,

"He'll say are ya married, we'll say Noooo, mannn...... a-but yoooo can do the job while you're in towwwnnnn....."

...Only to bounce into Grandpa as we simultaneously rounded a corner. Making the split-second decision to be delighted rather than embarrassed, I grabbed his hand, placed mine on his shoulder, and began to dance with him.

"Later onnnn.... we'll conspiiiierrrr....As we dreammmmm.....mmmmby the fiiiiierrrr......"

He laughed. He's learned by now that I am downright odd, so it didn't take him by surprise. But he did query, as he eventually tried to disengage himself from my impromptu foxtrot,
"What are you so happy about...Because it's New Years??"


Note to self: "be happy" more often. :)



3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS, that's cute. I should follow your lead and not get embarrassed about things like that. =-) wish I coulda seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew my grandpas! Both died before I was born. What a dream to be able to dance with one!! I wouldn't be embarrassed for a second - you're making memories girl!! Happy New Year! PS: any chance we can see you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've thought of you during this Holiday season...as i've slacked on blog reading a bit...enjoyed catching up today! loved your beautiful "home" pictures with your precious family and friends...
    i so enjoy your gifted words and Godly spirit...wishing you loads of "being happy" (and dancing with joy!:) in this New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!