Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm relieved to be able to tell you all that, contrary to what my blog may have implied the past week, I am NOT still wandering the airport like Jacob Marley wandering the earth. I am home.

Warm, glowing, noisy, cozy, bustling, comfy, wonderful HOME!

And it is caraaaaaazy here! Besides for the usual me, mom, dad, and gramps, we have Scott, Oksana and the 5 dearies as well as Steve and Heather Holsenback and their sweet new baby Elena. Steve and Heather are living in the basement for a while (it's a nice basement; don't worry) because they've sold their house and most of their possessions and are en route to Mali, Africa as medical missionaries. We've adopted them as our own honorary Sobies and we love them so much! But yowzers all these people make for a bustling house! So different from the Cove. I'm enjoying the noise (or at least trying to) because I know that all too soon my life will be terribly quiet again.
A few days ago the kids and I decorated gingerbread cookies. So fun! They turned out absolutely adorable and not one ran away. (Not even the one whose arm I accidentally broke off, and she really would have had a valid excuse for wanting to escape.)



This is Heather with my newest "niece" Elena! We prayed for her for so long! What a little doll!

One of the best parts of being home; getting to see RuthAnn! Here we are watching a Monk episode before bed. :) Can you feel the coziness oozing out the of the picture?

The day we went Christmas tree hunting was perfectly blustery! Our tree is beautiful and was picked by a unanimous show of hands. What a delight to get to do these holiday traditions with the kids; we weren't expecting to have them home for Christmas for a few years.
Bundled up in the barn after we picked out our tree, we had hot chocolate and popcorn and sat by a fire.

What a beautiful season this is. I wrote our family Christmas letter today, and put in a few thoughts about Immanuel... God with us. Perhaps my favorite name of Christ. This song has been running through my mind as I prepare to hopefully sing it in church this week with Scott, and I thought maybe you'd enjoy pausing a moment to reflect on it. (Thought this was a really cool video, too.)




7 comments:

  1. love this post! so happy you are home and feeling so blessed!
    i love those gingermen cookies, wow! they are beautiful. and the video.........it took my breath away. God with us!!!!!!!
    Merry Christmas dear one. xoxoxo Chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo glad you're having a WONDERFUL time at home! can't wait to hear more about it...

    luv ya! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the video! Thanks for posting. That song just brings goosebumps to me and then to see all those smiling children singing with all their hearts...... Great! So glad you are home and enjoying your wonderful family. Blessed Christmas to you! Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Loved the video! Anybody else notice the really cute kid w/ several missing teeth right at the end? He's SO cute...However did you get so many beautiful cookies?! An art I fear I shall never master. *Wails*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you're back safe!!! :D Will you still be in the area on New Year's Day? Just curious, dear. ;) I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Home Dani!

    If it is possible for a blog post to emit love, joy, warmth and coziness, well, you have done it here. What a precious family you have. God bless you, my friend!

    BTW, I loved the video and the goosebumps!

    Please tell your family we send our love,
    Michelle the CSL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Dani Girl!! Sure do miss seeing you :o( It looks like you've been having lots of fun and making lots of memories with those adorable nieces and nephew of yours. I can't believe how big they are getting. Give them a squeeze from us! Love you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!