Sunday, January 09, 2011

Observances I made while Elisabeth was getting her hair done in the salon today:

1. Two people spoke negatively when asked how their Christmas went and based their feelings on the "business" of it.

2. In a conversation I overheard, a (very Bostonian) man said something to the effect of "I have more gadgets than cadda has livah pills...and cadda has a lot of livah pills!" I began wracking my brain for what "cadda" was and why he/she/it might need liver pills. AhHA! After about three minutes it came to me. Cadda. "Carter". Maybe. Why Carter has a lot of liver pills and how this particular man knows the quantity, I have no idea.

3. I believe I have been reading the same book every time I've sat waiting on her in the salon since July. I should be done with it one cut and one perm from now. I hope. It's been a long term comittment, for sure.

4. Why are the pictures of the walls of a salon always so bizarre? Does anyone walk in, see the poster, gasp and say "Yes, yes, YES! Make me look like THAT! ...And can you duplicate her makeup on me while you're at it? "



5. Elisabeth looks absolutely beautiful when her hair's done up. :)

7 comments:

  1. I'd MUCH rather see a picture of Elisabeth's hairdo than the alien you posted (-: SOOOO glad YOU aren't tempted by that do! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bizarre???!! Are you kidding me? I'm gonna copy that pic to take with me when I get my hair done...don't you think it's perfect for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For you, Amber. Yes.

    *Snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl...you never emailed me back. Do so when you get a chance. :)
    My boss has Elliot books in her home...I'm thinking about reading The Quest for Love...amazing that you sit with the author when she's getting her hair done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me, me ME! I already have the creepy complexion after too many days in a sunless place... I'm up for a hair adventure! Miss you, sis. Thanks for salvaging my sad night and turning it into a happy one the other day... you always make me smile. :) Car

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wait....i thought that WAS Elisabeth.......................jk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!