Sunday, January 16, 2011

Refreshed

This evening I accompanied the Grens to a Romanian church here in Hollywood Florida.
It was a beautiful service...all in Romanian. The music was beautiful, the choir was joyful and whole-hearted, and the spirit was warm and kind.

In 2009-10, many people with whom I always thought I'd journey life with came to a fork in the road and decided to take a seperate path. Much of that happened during the months that I was in Alaska. Not trying to be overly self analyzing here (because that's always annoying), but some new emotions were formed in me that were foreign and unwelcome. Cynisism and an oh-so-bewildered heart--somewhat raw in places--still to this day leaving my eyes moist at random moments.

Tonight, though, with these stranger-siblings, I remembered the beauty of this heavenly family. Oh, I know that if I belonged to that church, I'd probably be aware of little hypocrosies, little divisions, a little dirty laundry here and there. But I had the priviledge of standing back and observing the big picture, and I remembered that Christ's church IS beautiful. And His people are flawed, but beautiful.

It feels as if I just took a deep breath of fresh air, and it makes me long for the air of the Celestial City. It makes me long to hug the people who I've come to associate with sadness. And I will, either on this side or the other. The thought doesn't erradicate the sting, but it brings me joy. It disintegrates the cynicism. He will make all things new. Even His bride.
Oh, Lord, how beautiful she will be!

Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Dani,
    Ah, you could be writing from my heart. I am still at the beginnings of the journey; I have not arrived to the place of your final paragraph, but it is balm to my soul to be reminded that we are of the Body of Christ and will worship Him forever in love and joy! Oh to share a cup of tea with you, but I will content myself with reading and praying for you (and for me).
    blessings and love to you today! teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful reminder my friend. :) We have talked about that many times in the past. I am really hoping to be able to go to church when I visit Mexico for that reason. I am thankful that God gave you that fresh air to breath deep in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS beautiful how God has put together those from 'every tribe and tongue'; what a neat opportunity you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani it was so nice to have you come to our church. The message was so inspiring and meeting you was a delight. Holding Mrs. Elizabeth's hand while taking a picture was so wonderful and so emotional. Both my grandmas had the same illness as her. May the Lord give her strength and may He also give you strength as you care for her!I hope we can keep in touch :) I will be reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweet friends for the comments. Teri, I will keep you in my prayers too.

    Ana, what a joy to meet you and (as you see!) to be in your church. I would love to keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Dani!!! :)

    I have been thinking of you and haven't been sure how to reach you! :) Do you think you could give me a call within the next few days?

    Yes...I too have been thinking so very much about the Kingdom each day, and it delights me to hear your spirit singing the same song! :) It is Him! Jesus is beckoning us.~ May He empower us to be faithful. <3 Talk to you soon friend! ~Love, Honey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!