Saturday, January 15, 2011

This morning I opened my cataract-ridden eyes, rubbed my swollen arthritic joints, popped a few pills and realized that I am a year older. Arg! Me achin' bones!

I'm in Florida with the Grens right now, enjoying the sunshine but missin' my family. No complaints though... Never before have i worn short sleeves and flip-flops on my birthday. Rather nice. :) also enjoying the memory of an early birthday dinner at Macaroni Grill with my family... Not to mention all the cards I read with smiles this morning. Oh how good the Father is...how blessed I have been this year! It makes me anticipate what this next year will hold. What new opportunities will He bring me to glorify Him? What dreams will He give and fufill? What about Himself will He reveal to me?

Also, I held an live baby alligator yesterday.
It was a very, very cool birthday present but unfortunately I didn't get to keep him. :(

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dani! Enjoy the Florida sunshine! We have heaps of snow here. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!!! I miss you so much, especially on your big day! May you have a whole year of sunshine (-: With love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! I would have sent you a card but you gave specific instructions for me not to send you anything in the mail :) Enjoy your time in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dani! Where in FL are you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani, It is late, but still in time to wish you a Very Happy Birthday! May Our Good Lord bless you with a wonderful year ahead!! Enjoy the sunshine!
    BTW - you didn't mention if you got to wrestle this 'lil alligator. . . .
    Love you! teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ALL sweet friends! I confess: maybe for the first time I was fishing for happy birthdays. I should be ASHAMED.

    RuthAnn, we're traveling about but right now settled in Hollywood. Visited W.Palm Beach today... I could have a LOT of fun in that town! :)

    Teri- No. I did not wrestle him because he was only 3 years old and I could have whupped him a little too easily. :) But some day, SOME DAY, I will take on a bigger one. It's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First step, holding baby alligator...next step, alligator wrestler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Dani Girl,
    Let me start off by saying belated Happy Birthday to someone very special!! I hope you had a wonderful day. It sounds like you may be with being in Florida instead of in Ohio where I hear they've got lots of snow :o) Come further southwest and visit me. We'd have lots of fun and catch up! Love you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dani,Happy belated birthday Miss Dani, I sounds like you are having a great one.Love ya bunches and be careful with those alligators wouldn't want my favorite friend to get hurt.XOXOXOXO'S from the girls and Q.T. and hugs from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, my dear!! Love and miss you bunches! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!