Monday, September 06, 2010

Photos

A wonderful picture of Scott and Oksy!

We've enjoyed frequently seeing Oksana's family. Her brother Max is married now to another Oksana, and has an absolutely adorable little boy Lyonia with one on the way. I tried to tell Oksana in Russian that her little boy has a "beautiful face" an instead told her that he has a "beautiful street". Oops.
Dad, Scott, and David carrying on tradition with a guy's backyard camp-out!

The hardest game of Twister I have ever played.
I think it has something to do with age and stiffening joints.
He won.

Poppi is the bike fixer around here-- almost a full-time job.

A view of Zaporozhe from the water

Damara got sleepy during the boat ride we took on the Dnipir River.

Breakfast

Papa and Damara walking through the market

This babushka was proud that wanted to take a picture of her stand, and offered to pose with it.

By far the most meaningful part of being in Ukraine is meeting brothers and sisters from across the globe, and feeling an instant bond with them even though you can hardly communicate without an interpreter! Below we are enjoying after dinner tea and dessert with Slavic and Larissa. Slavic's my kind of guy; an animal lover! He has several huge aviaries filled with birds and squirrels and he and his children enjoyed showing them to us.

Tolya (Larissa and Slavic's son), Damara and I with two bird friends. Not even going to try to explain but simultaneously holding a chicken and a crow really amused me.

On Sunday evening we were invited to enjoy a very wonderful tea with Anatoly (front) his wife , Natasha, and Artyom (beside me). We may not meet again until heaven, but still we're good friends now, after only one meal together. :)

“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.”

-Phillipians 1:3

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dani! Wow--you are quite the world traveler. LOL. We missed you on the recent Bright Lights trips in August. I'm praying for you and think of you often. Hope the rest of your trip continues to go really well. And hope to see you again before too long! Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Will you be going to Excel this month with Ms Elliot??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, so good to hear from you! I've missed you guys too, seeing the pictures of the BL conferences. :) Thanks for the comment.

    BK, yes we'll be going to EXCEL but not this month. I think November, if I remember correctly. Are you attending? If so it will be nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, nope not me but my BFF is going to be a group leader there. I sent her your blog link so maybe you two will get to meet there :) Such a small world, it's funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!