Saturday, September 25, 2010


Last week the Grens and I took a road trip, staying a few nights in the Poconos, then traveling on to the Hershey and Lancaster area. The home in the Poconos was so beautiful! I loved that it was decorated with an Asian theme (my cup of tea, pun intended --heh--) because the couple we stayed with had lived in Japan for years. Out back was a gorgeous, peaceful pond and wildlife was all around!


We stayed with some great friends, Joe and Colleen, in the Lancaster area and wow... can Colleen cook! She treated us to a delicious homemade spaghetti dinner which made the long drive worth it. :) Always great to spend time with folks who share the Italian love of all things pasta. :) Joe took me for a ride on one of his three racing bikes! The bike we rode is an Itialian bike-his personal favorite I think- and ohhhhh, my goodness:

IT

WAS

SO

FUN!

Hmm, I'm contemplating becoming a biker chick, if anyone wants to contribute to the motercycle fund.

Anyone??

*crickets*



The absolute highlight of the trip was meeting mom, dad, and Grandpa S. and spending one night and an entire day with them before driving back with the Grens. Would ya believe it, my camera batteries died before we could get a picture together!? (This is my lot in life.) How amazingly blessed I am to have such a family as mine. I love every moment I spend with them.

We had breakfast at Hotel Hershey and then went to Sight and Sound Theater where we were treated to "Joseph". It was absolutely spectacular! A must-see! If you've never been to Sight and Sound, go and you will not be disappointed.



A little note about my hand since a few friends have been asking (thank you!).
It's healed amazingly well! Whatever the doc gave me was exactly what it needed. There's a large pinkish circle where the wound was but no more infection, pain, itching, or sign of spreading.
Praise the Lord! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL place to visit ~ PA :o) We were to see Joseph in July and it was very good, but I liked Noah the best, so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Haven't talked to you in forever...email me I'd love to talk to you again. MeghanDurst90@gmail.com

    --Meg Durst

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun facts for you...joel's extended family all lives in lancaster county...most of them around ephrata, but some in lancaster. one of his grandmothers (the one that actually moved with her family to brazil back in the 50s) worked at the hershey chocolate factory when in her teens. the other grandma just retired from sight and sound a couple of years ago. she's almost 80 and worked as a seamstress there for years. LOVE sight and sound!! what a fun trip you just had.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!