Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A random ALASKA post...


...Just because I've got Alaska in my blood now. :)

First item of business: Amy will probably kill me for this, but you guys have to check out the Adcox's blog (click here and leave them a comment to let them know you stopped by!). They're dear friends from Nome who I miss VERY much! You know those ridiculously talented, original, artsy people whose association makes you realize that the creative side of your brain is made out of PlayDough? Amy and James.
So James just completed a beautiful mural for the school in a village called St. Michaels. I'm astounded by this talent and I wanted you to see it too. Mom, Carlee and I were gazing at his mural in awe and agreed that we're kind of amazed that we know this guy!
And check out their little fellow... Amy told me that in 20 years I can marry him. (Nice to have such a good lookin' backup plan.) ;)

I also want to mention that the Iditarod sled dog race is going on AS WE SPEAK. I'm pretty disappointed that I won't be in Nome to welcome the winner... I was really hoping I would be but the Lord had other plans. At any rate, rest assured that you will hear the outcome of the race when it's over. Right now Jeff King is in the lead and Lance Mackey, the winner from the past two years (and the very same Lance Mackey who just happened to slap my, MY hand as he crossed under the finish line two years ago.......!) is in 8th place. Needless to say, it ain't over 'till it's over. Click here for the Iditarod web site.

1 comment:

  1. We may make the creative side of your brain feel like PlayDough (though I prefer modeling clay ), but you girl are equally inspirational in your love for the Lord, Sisterly love, and not to mention your truly gifted, uncanny writing ability that makes Amy and I feel like the Shell Silverstein of bloggers compared to the James Joyce blogger you are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!