Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Goooo Lance Mackey!


LANCE MACKEY WINS: Tacky, maybe, but here's a repeat of my post from last year, since he won last year too. ...And the year before. :)


1,100 miles of untamed Alaskan wilderness trail.
16 dogs.
One man.


Congratulations, Lance Mackey!
Winner, for the 4th consecutive year, of the Iditerod Dogsled Race in Alaska!!



With Noah at the finish line in '08



It's harder than you might think to photograph a moving dogsled team at night. (Especially if you have my luck with photography.) So I'm not sure why National Geographic wasn't interested in the ONE PICTURE I got of Lance Mackey's sled dogs coming in to the finish line. Perhaps they weren't impressed with my photography? Snobs.


Lance at the Finish Line, under the Burled Arch, with the dog he chose to wear the rose wreath. (This is the dog he thought deserved the most credit for his win.) The picture is bad quality, but it was dark and there were a ton of people so I couldn't get close.


My bro Nathan and I on Subway Hill, waiting for a musher to pass by.


This gives you a good picture of Front Street, the street the finish line is on. These two mushers were within seconds of each other.


This is my calm, "I am so incredibly hyped to be here but I'm trying not to act like a giddy tourist" smile.


"Aww, forget it... Giddy Tourist. "

5 comments:

  1. You are adorable my friend! Maybe someday I can go with you and yo can be the ole' pro and I will be the silly tourist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so neat to see!! We talked to Carlee & Nate about going up to see them. Do you want to go along??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how much fun that was to be there.So exciting!love ya xoxoxo's from the girls and QT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! :) I remember reading that post before... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends go dog sledding in Norway and love it. They've been twice and are looking to go again. Dog fever!

    If you're interested I can hook you up with them. They're fantastic, life-enriching believers. You won't meet better!!!

    -Kev (megafzzy@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!