Tuesday, March 16, 2010

6:00 pm Tuesday-

As I type I'm watching the live Nome Alaska web cam and listening to Nome radio, where the Two Nates (my brother and bro-in-law) are announcing the end of the Iditerod! Looks like Mackey is going to be the winner again, 4th year in a row! MAN I wish I were there!!!! I can feel the electricity in the air on Front Street!!
To see a live web cam of Nome, click here. Pretty neat; it updates every 3 seconds. Below you see another web cam, which shows front Street and the Burled Arch, where the race finishes.

I know a lot of people don't even know what the Iditarod is. But once you've seen this unbelievable race, it completely captures you!

http://nomecvb.com/nomecam/nomecam.jpg

2 comments:

  1. E talked with me on the cell phone in this very location when the two of you were there, and I took a picture of her on the live cam. :) Fun memories. :) I also talked with both of you the night the first musher, (I believe) was coming in. The time the two of you walked up trail to see if you could see anyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most of the Iditarod I've seen is from Balto...and I doubt that counts. :P That is so neat that you've been able to be there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!