Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wherefore doth this painting so excessively amuse me?


She highly amuses and intrigues me. Perhaps it's the complete beauty, calm and coolness of her demeanor, with nothing other than her strained neck muscle tell-tailing the fact that something's the matter. The papers strewn all over the floor with no explanation as to why... leaving it to your imagination. Does the have rambunctious children? Did she lose her temper? Is she frustrated with a project? She's contemplating the next step, and trying very hard to maintain (or regain) composure.

At any rate, I laughed very hard when I saw this painting because somehow, as the nanny-aunt to 5 small children, I can relate. She needs a cup of hot chai and a friend to share this moment with.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe that there is no comment on this post yet! I have been meaning to post one for several days and figured I would be at the bottom of a list of comments! I love the picture also. It is so filled with intrigue. I agree also with your evaluation of the painting. She does need a cup of hot chai and a friend to share the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haahaa! what a confusing picture! perhaps she had a momentary lapse of judgement and her sweet and calm demeanor went by the wayside and she completely wreaked havoc on a confounding mess of paperwork and is smuggly surveying her handiwork, while trying to regain her composure. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh darling lizzie, how i wish we could have a hot cup of chai together right this moment! i have missed all of your dazzling, challenging posts while i was away. it is good to catch up with you this evening. i am esp grateful for the picture of you with the baby PUKE....thank you so much for that one....i couldn't have done without it.
    i did enjoy all of the other pics and stories behind them. esp the ones of the place you are working at and all the kissable children! God bless them all and you!!
    any news on travel plans? i feel out of the loop.
    email when you can!
    xoxoxoxo,
    sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!