Monday, October 12, 2009

*sigh!*


It's been a bit of a tough week.
But there have been many splices of joy intermingled with the yuckier elements of it. And for that, I am so grateful. My brother is HERE in NOME and it's almost hard to believe! How amazing it's felt to have him sitting around our table, lounging on the couch, teasing me, lovin' on the kids, and in general being the strange old fellow that he is. (Those of you who know him are do doubt smiling at that last one.) I love and admire him so much. Pictures are forethcoming, but I can't find the car reader to download them right now.
Carlee has felt pretty low all week, and it's been strange because normally she would have rebounded from her last treatment a week ago. I suppose it's draining more and more of her strength with each dose, and that's why recovery time is longer. Her last round of chemo is next week (WOW!!!) so they'll be leaving Tuesday morning for Anchorage.

I guess most of the "toughness" of this week has been inside of me. Battling with intense feelings: weariness (and not sure why), fiery anger, deep loneliness, dark guilt... all those nasty little darts the enemy throws when we're at our weakest. I've found myself saying, feeling, and doing things that really aren't like me, typically. Things I regret the second they're done.

Today a friend wrote me a note, and added this quote on the end: "grace is God working within us, without us." I like that.

I'd appreciate you're prayers that I'd be strong and joyful this next week, so I can shine like sunlight on Carlee and Nathan and the children instead of being a dark little cloud! Thank you to my friends who have promised that they would be praying for me at home. I don't want to divert any prayers from my sis...and I don't want to be complainish... but I do feel a need for them this week, and I'm grateful.

'Night, you all.

What an amazing little big family!

6 comments:

  1. My Dear Dani Girl,
    I feel so bad for you but this is just another of Satan's attacks on you and ALL the good that you're doing there with Carlee and her family!!! I'm going to pray that God will give you an extra special "dose" of encouragement, strength and brightness in your life to lift you up to be that "special" beacon of light that you went to Alaska to be. I love you and miss seeing your smiling face and hearing your overly happy voice! Give me a call if you need to. I'm here for you!! I'm going to pray extra hard for you. Keep the faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani,I am so sorry you are feeling down,but I know God's going to lift you up.You are doing such good in Alaska and the devil just trying to discourage you.I will pray that you have the best week ever and that God's presence will be especially near to you.Keep your chin up.And look upward for you redemption draweth nigh.Love you and miss you.xoxoxoxox's from the girls and Q.T. P.S. I wish I was there to give you a big hug so consider yourself hugged and still praying for Carly and family and tell Nate I said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Dani! Sorry to hear you had a rather frustrating week, my dear. *hugs* Soak in His faithful gentleness and love, and let it overwhelm you. Thank you opening up and sharing what has been on your heart. Miss your smile and warm conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear lizzie,
    you sweet soul you. i am praying for you and i heartily agree that the devil wants to discourage you and he will not be victorious. i so wish i could hug you right now, that is one thing i am good at......=o) i am sending lots of tight hugs and love to you. press on dear girl. i know you will. a line from a poem i used to have memorized years ago: when cares are pressing you down a bit, rest if you must, but don't you quit! wish i could remember it all for you.
    love,
    chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. To my little storm cloud, you didn't hide the sunshine around here! Thanks for your transparent heart, sis! You have SO much on top of you right now, just know from Nathan and I how dearly you are loved, and deeply you are appreciated. You are God's answer to the impossibility of these days for us. WE love you so much! Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this after the fact, but saying a prayer....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!