Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pastor Appreciation Month


Pastor and Mrs. McCoy have been on my mind every day this month... it's Pastor Appreciation Month and I know that at our church they are being loved and thanked. I wish I could be home to personally hug and thank them for the huge investment they've made in my life and the lives of countless others!
Pastor and Mrs. McCoy have meant more to me in the past 12 years than I could ever say. They took me on my first short-term missions trip to South Dakota, and opened my eyes through that trip to the needs of others beyond my own little sphere. They've poured love into my life in so many ways and I have so many memories of special things they've done to make me feel almost like a daughter; not just an abstract member of their congregation. When my Grandma died the day before my 16th Birthday and the day felt so bleak and dark, Mrs. McCoy showed up on our doorstep with a dinner and gooey chocolate cake (candles lit, singing happy birthday to me)! They've initiated so many ministries and opportunities to serve through our church whether it be through a bus ministry, Christmas dramas, or neighborhood evangelism. I've seen them pour their hearts, their finances, countless hours, and in a very real way even Pastor's health into people with little thanks or recognition. I've watched in amazement as Pastor has preached the truth strongly, even when he knew he would be criticized for it. I've seen them love when they were hurt, work when they were weary, and smile when their hearts were crying.
I know you don't serve God for thanks, but nevertheless...
I do thank you SO MUCH for the investment you've made in my life and for the friends you have been to my family. It's been a tough year in many ways for you guys, but I want you to know that God will bless (and is blessing,) you for your faithfulness and your heart to serve Him and love His people. Great is your reward in heaven.

My prayer for you this year is that this year you will continue to grow in the wisdom and love of the Good Shepherd, Jesus, that He will strengthen you, and that you will be blessed.

Love you guys!

~The Sheikh ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dani Girl,
    Here I am sitting all teary eyed and chocked up when I got on your blog this morning!! You are so sweet. We sure do have a lot of memories together, don't we? Yes, you are the Sheikh and you do have lots of sand to share, too :o) We love you so much, Dani, and you do seem like our daughter in that we've done so many things together ~ the Mission trips, laughed, cried, shared excitement, sang together and on and on. We appreciate every prayer that you've prayed for us!! I'm speaking for my husband, too. It's because of people like you that we keep pressing on. We love you so much and really, really, really miss your smiling face at Church. Thanks for all you've done to enrich our lives as well! Please pray for us in the coming weeks that God will lead us. Again, we love you & hope to see you before to terribly long!!
    Mama Mac
    P.S. Where did you get that picture, by the way? Apparently you do get on my blog after all :o)) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!