Thursday, May 28, 2009

Please pray for Carlee...

She flew out to Anchorage last night to have a mamogram at the hospital there, and called this morning to say that they want to do a biopsy this afternoon. She asked that Nathan try and come so he could be with her tomorrow when they get the results of the biopsy. Praise God, the afternoon flight had just landed here so Nate was able to stuff a few things into a bag and rush out to catch it. When he left the house was strangely quiet. It's a bit disconcerting to be in Nome when everything's happening in Anchorage. But, praise Him, we serve a heavenly Father who can be in both places at once!
AND, on a lighter note, I've got charge of four little sweeties! This morning we had an amazing bonding time while I ate gummy bears and oversaw their brain- oops, I mean dish- washing. Right now they're scrubbing the kitchen floor with toothbrushes on their hands and knees, and after that's completed I plan to teach them Bathroom Cleaning 101. (Bathrooms are amazing places to mold young minds and strengthen young arms. They're not just about rubber duckies and tearless shampoo when Auntie Dani's in charge. Mwahaha!)
Between now and the time Carlee and Nathaniel come home, I also plan to have Kate potty trained, Shaina cross stitching, Noah multiplying by 9's, and Wesley thoroughly educated about the whens and hows of wiping his own nose.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you, Dani, and for Carlee and Nathaniel. I'll write you an email soon, or maybe give you a call:-) But, I should let you get back to all your child training right now. Sounds like you have a big list ahead of you;-) Love you!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!