Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Catch us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes."

This verse has been going through my mind a lot recently, and yesterday Christ revealed a “little fox” which had been spoiling my relationship with the True Vine. I was sad; ashamed … I realized that I had justified this sin until it didn’t bother me much anymore. To me it was just a “little thing”… to God, it was The Spoiler. I repented, and oh, how sweet it felt to realize that my Lover had pursued me and loved me until I repented of my sin! He had even wisely turned His back from me a little… just enough to make me realize that something was wrong, that there was a coolness to our relationship, and to long to rectify it. Such Love! I am thanking God for the Holy Spirit's faithfulness, and I'm eager to regain lost ground.

That God should love a sinner such as I,
Should yearn to change my sorrow into bliss,
Nor rest till He had planned to bring me nigh,
How wonderful is love like this!

Are any "little foxes" in your life, choking the life from your connection with the Vine? I guess, based on the lesson I learned yesterday, that the indication is this: if you have EVER in your life been closer to the Father than you are now, there's probably something that has come between you. Catch it... guard that relationship, friend!



Warning: In true Dani form, I'm about to abruptly change the subject.



Here's a pic of my Kuspuk (Chrissy asked me to post one) :). The Kuspuk was developed by the "Eskimos", or natives of Alaska, who originally wore it over their fur parkas. It's practical in the Alaskan bush. It's a normal piece of clothing in places like Nome, where I'm going, but here in Ohio people would look at me rather dubiously if I were to wear mine out and about. :) I thought they were pretty strange the first time I saw them, but I've changed, and I think they're adorable now. I've attached a picture of a darling little girl that I took last time I was in AK... she was participating in a traditional native dance. My Kuspuk is a Savoonga Kuspuk (a different village's style from hers) so it looks a bit different.
AK here I come!

4 comments:

  1. Who is the cute young lady there at the end of this post? I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have had to deal with my own little foxes recently...and i heartily agree that it is so sweet "to realize that my Lover had pursued me and loved me until I repented of my sin!"

    like your kuspuk! looks comfy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the traditional outfit awesome! Wish they were stylish in Ohio...or Mexico for that matter. :) I'm going to miss you! Do you have internet access in AK. I am thinking Skype...any chance?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!