Saturday, May 09, 2009

A Monstrous Random Post

Prince Charles is giving a speech to a bunch of architects in London, and some are boycotting it. Supposedly he's not a fan of the popular glass- and steel modern architecture and that upsets them. The only reason I mention this is because I read the following quote of his... and it WILDLY amused me!!!
He called a proposed extension to Britain's National Gallery:

"A monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend."

Now don't you think that anyone who can reference something as boring as a building with such vivid word pictures ought to be given some credit!? I do, anyhow.
If I were to use the words "monstrous", ""carbuncle" and "elegant" in the same sentence, (i.e.- "That monstrous wale is elegant despite the carbuncles upon his back...")
you all would laugh me to scorn.

You tell 'em, Highness.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh to yourself! check me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe! uluru is so cute! he looks like he is a "much loved and elegant friend" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was so fun to watch! i'm still giggling! :) you and your bird are adorable...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have NO idea why my last comment says "holly said". too weird. but it really was ME...deana... :) thought i better clarify or you could be scratching your head awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deana: maybe the computer thought you looked like your mother? :) I'm glad you guys think Uluru is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!