Monday, May 10, 2010

Pictures that make me smile

All of these are of family (plus Sheila, but she's family, kinda)...mostly of nieces and nephews. And the pictures that make me smile the most are the ones with my sister in them. Because she's still HERE a year after diagnosis and she's even more beautiful, inside and out, than she was before the battle started. Maybe she'd contest that but, well, it's my blog so I can write it if I wanna. :) Carlee, how could I ever, EVER tell you how much I love you? Spending the last year with you has been an unbelievable gift. I'll be going to Alaska with Nate and Carlee and the kids for two weeks (we leave the 24th), and then... I leave. I have a hard time processing what it's going to be like without Carlee and the 5 Hobbits as part of my daily life; and being part of their daily life. I don't like it that they're going to keep growing without me around to see and enjoy it, or that Carlee is going to have rough days without me around to try and lighten the load a little. In fact there are a lot of things that I don't like and I can't understand about life at this moment. Overwhelmingly so.
But the Author doesn't ask me what I think the script of life should be, and, upon further thought, that's a good thing.

Yikes, off the morose rabbit trail and on to happy pictures:

This is Kate and Wes in my "Messico swing". I brought this back from Mexico and nearly every day the kiddos beg me to let them swing on it. :)



When we saw this purse, we laughed. And laughed and laughed.


Dad had knee replacement surgery a couple weeks ago and the children are learnign to be gentle around Poppi!

"Hey. check it out: I found a new toy!"

Mother's Day '10

A bunch of awesome moms and the honorary-rookie-auntie-mom :)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Truly, truly beautiful! May our God continue to keep His hands upon you and your family. In our prayers always, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are great. God grant you the grace for the separation that is coming. Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and miss you like CRAZY!!!! :) Wish you were here with me! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I loved them and your sweet family! Let me know what your week looks like next week...oh and by the way, would you consider a mini road trip/overnighter to Indiana the first part of June? Would that be an option at all?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!