Sunday, May 16, 2010

It gives me chills!!!

(Good chills.)



I remember times when I was right there in that auditorium, New York City, praising God with the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir. I long to go back there not because God's presence isn't with me always, but because in that place He feels so close, that it's as if He may reach out and touch you. The people in this choir, in this church, are mostly men and women who God has redeemed from lives as drug users, prostitutes, transvestites, homeless... and when they worship God is flows from hearts brimming with thankful worship!! Perhaps that's why they are so filled with power when they sing to Him.
And that's why every once-in-a-while, on Sundays, I get a hankerin' to hop in the car and drive to NYC.

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
Psalm 63:1-4

9 comments:

  1. Wow! They *are* amazing! We have the most wonderful Christmas CD of theirs that is our absolute FAVORITE... it is so worshipful and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glimpse of heaven. Thanks.

    -Kev

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my children were babies, I sang and rocked them to sleep with Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir songs! Love, love, love their worship.

    Have you ever gone on a Tuesday night? That's when they gather and pray. Mighty things happen when they pray! And they take prayer requests, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed! for THOU oh LORD art a shield about me and a lifter of my head!!!!! hallelujah. thank you Jesus!
    lizzie, i am praying for you~ i feel God is going to do great things as you go to Elizabeth's place. great and mighty things, which you know not of. i am very excited for you and want to encourage you dear one as you have lots to get ready for alaska and then boston. will miss you and must see you when you return from alaska, ok??
    hugs sweets.
    chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. where are you in this gorgeous picture??! i want to walk in that field!~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dani! i love ur new layout! hope to see u sometime! debs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani,I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!In this new adventure you are going to be going on.I remember the Brooklyn Tab too it was amazing like you said God's presence was so real i wish we could go back too and just feel that awesome spirit again.Love ya bunches please let's get together before you go to Boston maybe have lunch.xoxoxox's from the girls and QT. GIVE ME A CALL.I'M FREE ANYTIME

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!