Sunday, February 07, 2010

Some random pictures and an update

I thought I'd post an update on Carlee and maybe a few pics from the past month or so. I don't update on Carlee that much because I know that probably, everyone who checks out my blog also checks out hers. But in case not, here's the scoop.
Praise God: she started radiation last week! There were many delays, and we are really glad that this is finally beginning. We're all hope and pray that her burns and side effects from the radiation will be minimal.
Right now the big prayer need is for wisdom for Carlee and Nathaniel. Although the docs have recommended a second bout of chemo, the verdict is split regarding exactly which chemo she should take. This is going to be Car and Nate's decision and it's tough to make it when so much is at stake.
And yet, even as I write that, I think back on the many, many times through the past 8 or so months that God has given the EXACT wisdom at the EXACT time it was needed to my sister. We don't need to beg Him to tell us what to do. We'll make our needs known, and He'll guide us down the right path when the fork in the road comes. Seriously; that a comforting thought!
In the mean time as all this medical stuff has been going on, Carlee, Nathaniel and the kids have settled in downstairs. We call them the "bottom dwellers". :) Nate will probably be moving back to Nome next week because Carlee's treatment has started. I'll miss him.
We've had a lot of happy times the past few weeks, and I'll post pics when I get a chance. One of my favorite things to do is sit with Carlee and mom after the kiddos are in bed, and turn on a period drama like Wives and Daughters or North and South and just chill after a long day! (Optimally done with chai and my cozy blanket. I have to have a blanket when I watch a movie or else it's just not right.)
So yes we've had good times, but often it feels to me like there's a cloud hanging over it all. Carlee and Nathaniel are so tired. I think that more than any particular thing, it's it's because this whole process has just worn then out physically and emotionally. I know they dread the parting this week too.
People here at home have been so kind. I'm constantly amazed by the love and support you pour on us. Bless you ALL for your gifts, your prayers, the meals, and conversations and the hugs. And for so many other things. In short, thanks for lovin' us.

God is amazing. And being His child, part of this family filled with love and support, is awesome.


And now, instead of jawing on I offer you that which, supposedly,
is worth a thousand words.

I'm in love with this boy: the cutest Chubster that there ever was.



I know Car and Nate have loved reconnecting with friends who they haven't been with in a while (like Tim, Cherie, and the kids!)


We celebrated Christmas last month with fmaily, since we were in Nome for the Holiday. Here you see Classic Uncle Tim on Christmas... bows around his neck and gift labels attached to his head!


The girls discovered what Carlee and I discovered long ago... Grandpa is the best cuddler.


Happy Birthday Mimi!


Carlee and I at Miss Molly's Tearoom


Shaina and I worked on our architecture skills at the Children's Museum in Cleveland. She was so patient and did a great job following the book's directions. :) We all had a lot of fun there!



"I like my Poppi. Hmm, I wonder if he tastes good...?"




4 comments:

  1. thanks for the update, friend! i do check Carlee's blog from time to time, but it's nice to read things from your perspective too. i'll continue praying for you ALL. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani!!!Remember us from the sunny island of Singapore?I'm guessing you do:) We miss you loads! Continue to keep the buring flame on for the Lord.God bless you Daniiiiii:D
    Moi Family-Abigail,Nathaniel,Gabrielle,Danielle,Aunty Suzi and uncle Max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABIGAIL! After switching computers, I think I don't have your email anymore but I LOVED to hear from you! Of course I remember you guys! I think about you so much. Times with Aunty Suzi and her family were probably some of my favorite memories from Singapore. Like the Prata stands .... Oooooh man I can totally taste it. :) And singing mermaid songs and dancing with Danielle... Give big hugs to everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update and for the pictures too! I'm praying for Carlee and Nathaniel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!