Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Girlfriends :)


It's not every day you get to spend 12 hours hanging out with an amazing missionary from Mexico.
And I did, yesterday!
Actually, it's just (JUST!?) my pal Ashleigh, and she's here in the states for a few short weeks. We sorta grew up together (literally within a couple miles) but, ironically, we didn't become close until about a year before she left for Mexico. We took the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement class together and each week as we'd drive to classes together we became better pals and, more importantly, closer sisters devoted to the same Father. Ashleigh is one of those people whose wisdom and passion for God has been a constant blessing to me.
And like most friends, we share a lot of things in common:

We're wild about Indian Food
We have the tendency to do crazy things and dissolve into fits of laughter at random times
We have a mutual affinity for dark wavy hair (ha!)
...And a passion for Jesus.

Ash, as you go back to Mexico, God be with you. Remember that I'm praying for you and I love you very much. God is using you, and He is working in you as well. You're a treasure.

Here's us, at The Saffron Patch in the Valley. If you've never been there, you've pretty much never tasted good food.


Amanda, Ashleigh's sister, joined us as we broadened our musical horizons (and vocal talent) with Garage Band. (When's the last time I laughed this hard!?) In the clip below, I'm Alladin and Ashleigh is Jasmine. Please: laugh. Otherwise we will be very embarrassed.


By the way; we're not particular fans of Alladin; we just couldn't think of another song to record at the time. :)






8 comments:

  1. Oh no! It says I can't watch it! :( :( :( It says it is a private video...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I laughed! :D How did you disguise your voice, Dani?? What is "Garage Band"? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL. You're phrasing is a little different hehe :) Yeah I wanna know what Garage Band is and how I can get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh my goodness you guys! Every time I listen to this I feel this crazy mix of wanting to gag and wanting to laugh until I cry!!!
    Garage Band is the recording program on Mac computers. There's a setting on there where it switches female voices to male and so on. As you can tell it's not perfect but it's pretty hilarious to play around with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad...I have HP...But that really is hilarious. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, i am thinking "maybe, uh, be embarrassed"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!...yeah, that's all i'm going to say lol (and yes, i definitely laughed)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww I have PC :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!