Sunday, December 20, 2009

~The Drama of the Shoe~
Starring an emotional female and her wise big sister

The scene opens as Dani bursts into tears because she can't find her black heels.

Carlee: "You know, there are big bummers, and there are little bummers, and one should never treat a little bummer like a big bummer."
Dani: (tremulously) "Yeah, but sometimes the big bummers overlap the little bummers and you can't tell the difference between the two."
Carlee: "In that case, ...I think you need to listen to some Christmas music."
Dani: "That's actually a good idea."
Carlee: "...And give your sister a hug."
Dani: (Sniffles)

Scene ends as the sisters gingerly hug (Carlee can't hug much these days) and little sister stops crying and smiles because Carlee always knows when to hug instead of lecture. Half an hour later she is incredulous that she actually cried about such a silly thing. But then... perhaps she wasn't crying about black heels at all. Who knows?)

5 comments:

  1. Awwww here's a hug from the opposite end of North America... ((((((YOU)))))) Those are adorable shoes btw I want em :) if my dad ever lets me go to a formal dance I want THOSE and THIS: http://www.totallymodest.com/pkira.html haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! here's another *hug* for you deary. love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dani hi there I hope everything is fine up in nome. I'm happy that carlee is doing much better with this all most finished battle and we are all waiting at the finish line for her, my family loves her and prays for her and the whole crew tell nate i said hi & your brother too. ps. dani all u do for your sister is going to be rewarded to u 10 fold in heaven.I wish I had a sister like u to lean on love u all tim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOUR HOUSE.Love and Prayers.The Glenny's

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfectly said!
    i've been catching up on your blog and Carlee's: tears in my eyes and prayers for you all! may God bless your beautiful hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!