Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gottadowhatchagottado.

And so, in the name of frugality, I bravely let Carlee cut my hair. I couldn't pay the outrageous price for a trim in Nome, so Carlee agreed to do it and she did a very admirable job I must say! (Layering and EVERYTHING... not just a trim!) It took a long time, and it was punctuated with "Oops!", "Whoa...!", "Uh-Oh", and "Oh, no!". And there are a few jagged cuts. But, overall it's a credit to her ammeter skills. And it made for a fun evening laughing as sisters together.

(If I look pale and sickly in the above picture... it's because I AM pale and sick! No fun.)

Okay, this is Carlee here... I just sabotaged her keyboard. I was walking through and she's complaining about how pale she looks. SHE looks pale? I don't even have eyebrows! I am humbly letting her post such a nasty picture of me, and SHE is complaining about her looks. A little sympathy here, please! Okay, I'm giving the keyboard back... HI to everyone on Dani's blog... thanks for praying for us! ~Carlee

Wow. *cough!* Point taken.

In other news, the Big Blizzard has arrived! It's been snowing for 4 days, and we've got 3-4 ft. of snow! This morning the truck below was blowing a plume of snow at least 30 ft. into the air to get it out of the road. Of course he would stop right as I snapped the picture. But it was pretty amazing.


Time to start warming up the reindeer for their cross cultural flight?

Warm wishes from snowy Nome! I miss you all very much.

1 comment:

  1. a fresh haircut always is nice...post some pics of when its dry :) sorry you're not feeling well -- prayin' for you! so much snow!! we're just now getting somewhat cooler here in Florida...I think it was in the mid 70's today. wish i could come visit you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!