Saturday, July 11, 2009

When the dog bites, when the bee stings...

I notice that I've been made extraordinarily happy by many random, small things lately. I've been keeping a mental list. I'm following a hedonistic whim by blogging about it. :)
  1. Hummus and pita chips (mass amounts)
  2. Mountains
  3. Dory's line from Finding Nemo: "I shall name him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy."
  4. Isaiah 61:10
  5. Franklin the Moose
  6. Capturing a satisfying photograph
  7. Float planes
  8. Wearing gray socks (I know, that sounds strange. But it was on my mental list so I have to add it in order to be completely honest.)
  9. Kissing Caleb's sweet-smelling, soft, warm newborn cheek
  10. Rescuing Caleb from his bassinet when he's frantically crying as if his heart will break
  11. Rootbeer floats
  12. Swinging like a kid :)
  13. People! I've been completely amazed by the kindness of people (some of whome I hardly even know) lately: Sue Nolan and her daughter, Josh Sundstrom, Diana Skaggs, Steve and Heather Holsenback, the Berrys, Walters, and Everhards, friends from Alaska, churches we've never even visited. These people's good works and kindness cause me to ponder about who I am and who I could be. They amaze be by their selfless eagerness to show love to others. I see their good works, and glorify God.
  14. Smelling lupine (a flower that grows along the road here)
  15. Chris Rice's "When Did You Fall"
  16. Re-discovering "Little Black, A Pony" by Walter Farley. (I loved this book as a child and now my nieces and nephew love it too!)
  17. E-mails
  18. 4 Wheeling
  19. Curling up alone with my Bible study and chai latte`
  20. Making my nieces and nephews think I'm a fun auntie :) (Bear hunts, gummies, dancing, sword fights, and "Horsey Broodie" stories)
  21. Delighting in God. Truly. He can and should be delighted in and the more I think about Him and talk to Him, the more I delight in His friendship. In asking God questions or casually conversing throughout the day, and realizing that He finds ways to answer me.
  22. Dreaming (night, not day.)

"Every generous act of giving and every perfect gift is from above
and comes down from the Father who made the heavenly lights,
in whom there is no inconsistency or shifting shadow."
~James 1:17

6 comments:

  1. Hi Danni,
    I'm your Mom's cousin, Tonie. I'm enjoying reading your blogs. They are not only very well written but they make you stop and think and praise God for all He give us - or doesn't. Thank you for that gift. Tell your Mom and Dad that you are all in our prayers, daily.
    We are going to see your grandparents today to help celebrate your grandfather's 80th b-day. I know they will miss you all but always carry you in their hearts. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading your blogs also danni! you are a dear, sweet, comical soul. thanks for sharing with us all. we all love you. hugs. sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your new picture! you are beautiful dani and so is the setting. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new picture you look so cute. Miss you terribly. I so enjoy reading your blog. So inspired I started one myself soccermombychoice.blogspot.com. Carlee's blog says you've offered to stay and help. You are a wonderful sister and a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danni,
    Hi, I don't know if you remember me or not. I was formerly (Ruth Glick, my parents are Dan & Martha Glick). I am now Ruth Churchill, my husband and I live in Hobe Sound, Florida and we have two daughters. We attend Hobe Sound Bible Church and so we found out about Carlee's illness there.
    I was so happy to "find" your blog through Carlee's blog! I love reading your blogs! Yours along with Carlee's make me pause and thank God each and every day for his many blessings...thank you for that!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a good and fun list! and Caleb is beautiful! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!