Tuesday, July 07, 2009


Today a squeaking, fuzzy, slightly scrawny little boy came to live with us. And we've decided to keep him. :) (Did I mention that he's extraordinarily beautiful, too??) We can't believe that Caleb is actually home, and so much sooner than we thought. He's our little miracle boy! His 6 lb. body feels so delicate and tiny; fragile as an egg shell. After seeing him struggle to draw each breath in an incubator, it feels terribly precarious to hold him in my arms like I would any other baby. Mom and I both got to feed him bottles today. He did so well. :) You've got to hold him a certain way and be patient because it takes a while; he needs to stop and rest... but I loved every minute of kissing his silky, perfectly shaped little head and feeling his warm, limp body in my arms while he drank from his teeny bottle. I praise God that Caleb is safely home. I don't praise God simply because things went the way I wanted them to, because that's not praise at all. (I know that, even though it would be a worship laced with pain, we'd be praising Him even if He had chosen to take Caleb to heaven while his life hung in the balance.) I thank Him because He does everything well; whether we can understand it at the time or not. He is no less kind when He brings sorrow into our lives than when he lets us walk a path of easy joy. (Job 2:10 "...Shall we recieve good from the hand of the Lord and shall we not recieve adversity?")Anyhow, enjoy the pics of our oblivious celebrity and his adoring fan club. :)

14 comments:

  1. The pics are beautiful! I'll admit it...I teared up! He is so very precious and I can't imagine the joy and contentment and gift from the Lord it is to have him out of the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praising the Lord that little Caleb is home. He is so beautiful. I love the pictures. I miss you a lot. Tell mama she looks absolutly beautiful, you can't even tell she had a baby. Please give them my love with big hugs. God is so good, His mercy endures forever. Love you, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord!Caleb is finally home what a blessing.Carly it is so good to see your smiling face.I miss you all very much!I am so happy that he is finally home where he belongs safe in his mother's arm.We love you and still praying for Carly's complete healing.xoxoxoxo's from the girls and Quinton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Sweet Friend, the tears have flowed as I've scrolled from one picture to the next. I thank God for His mercy on dear little Caleb's life. I agree with Esther in the fact that this little man will have many stories surrounding him, stories that will bring much glory to His Father for years to come. Thanks for keeping us posted. This adopted "Anutie Jules" can't wait to see sweet Caleb, and the rest of you, in God's time. Please give Carlee a huge hug for me, and then give yourself a big one as well. I love you heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooooooo glad that he's finally home!!!! Praise God! It's so wonderful to see the pic of you all together. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise be to the Lord!!! I was so delighted to hear today that Caleb was finally home! I couldn't wait to get home and see pictures. What precious sites to see!!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful moments with all of us! Love and miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hallelujah! what a Savior!!!! we are thrilled over your great news. i echo what everyone else has commented! glory! hugs, sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're all feeling it out here in blogland...utter joy and rejoicing at the ways God has chosen to answer the multitude of prayers for wee Caleb and Carlee.

    After hearing how Noah called upon the Lord for his little brother, tears welled up as I saw the contented expressions on Noah's sweet little face. What a handsome and noble big brother Caleb has!

    The girls and Wesley stole my heart as well! There is such delight and wonder in their little faces. And Wesley...are you sure, Dani, that you haven't been putting his hair in curlers? lol AmAzing curls, just like Carlee has longed for!

    You are all so very precious to us and we continue to lift you to Jesus with thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dani,  I just looked  at your blog for the first time today . . . Wed July 8.  What a huge smile I have seeing baby Caleb in the children's arms!!!  Thank you Jesus!  Hey, I don't know how to do this.  Do you have an email address?  Maybe I will just call. Love and miss you guys.  sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dani! Caleb looks adorable!
    I'll be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rejoicing with you! What an adorable little boy. You are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss you too, Sue!! We talk about you daily and Dad can't wait to meet you. Not the same around here without you and Lady James. (Wink)
    My addy:
    Dani85 @ wadsnet . com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Dani!!!! Wow ~ my heart wells up with hallelujahs and so much love for this little fellow and his precious family! The expressions of pure delight on the children's faces and the ways that they are enjoying him are priceless. Thank you again and again for the pictures. They help us think and feel with you and enter into the places of joys & sorrows. Love it!!! And love you guys so very very much! ~ from the "other" adopted auntie. :) ~ Danelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!