Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Wish of Mine

If I could choose any place to go, right this moment, I would choose a place--surprisingly--in America! Oh, Tuscany, Australia, and Israel are still high on the list, but for right now, today, I'd choose a short jaunt to the west in my own fair country.

For a long time the three states I've most wanted to visit in America are Colorado, Washington, and Oregon. Mountains and woods captivate me, and pictures I've seen of these states remind me of Alaska; I think that's why. Ever since I saw this picture of Jim Elliot--I think maybe it was taken near Portland, OR, I wanted to go here:

And then I was reading Reader's Digest a few months back and I flipped out because of this wonderful place in Washington...Treehouse Point. Since I saw the pictures I've been longing to go there. I think I will, some day. After all; it's in America, right?

Yep, some day...






4 comments:

  1. And while you are in WA, you should come and visit Anna and I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, you're going, and you're taking me with you! I used to live in Colorado, so I could be your guide. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani!
    This summer we were in the States for nearly 4 weeks. We were near your house!! As we passed the Wadsworth exit on the Interstate memories flooded my mind of our good times we've had together. While visiting the USA we had the privilege to take Brett and his family up to Denver, Colorado for four nights. What breath taking beauty!! In Caden's word to Dennis, "Pappy, this trip was awesome!" If you get the opportunity to visit those three States go ~ you won't be sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, that cabin is delightful! i want to take a nap in the bed right now.......love it. see u thurs. =o) sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!