Saturday, July 14, 2012


"So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom." -Psalm 90:12


Early this morning,  I sat quietly with God before my work day started,  I was struck by eternity. When I really take a few minutes just to THINK about where I'll be in 50 years or so, I am awed by my mortality and by the truth that this world is just a breath, my body is just a vapor, and my soul will never end. I am filled with a holy fear but also a mighty anticipation! 


Today, I am bound to earth.
Separated from my God by a wall of flesh.
Today, I can serve Him by faith.
Today, I can fight the battle and overcome.
Today, I can love Him who I can't see.
Today, I can offer my body as a living sacrifice.
Today, I can hope for Home.
Today, I can delight His heart by choosing Him over the myriad of distractions that will clamor for my attention.

This is the privilege I have today; but when the line of worlds is crossed and I enter eternity, I will never, ever have these privileges again. Earth is a unique opportunity to live for Him who died for me in a way I never will be able to in eternity. I can offer Him
My body,
My time,
My will,
My sins...
Only on earth.

Oh God, I have such a short time! Give me to walk worthily, thankfully, holily!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog--I found you when I searched for something on Elisabeth Elliot.
    Blessings to you.
    Shirley in Virginia at.......
    myhandfulwithquietness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!