Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Special Mother's Day

Normally it would be the daughter's responsibility to travel home for Mother's Day, I suppose, but we reversed it this year and Mom flew out to be with me for five wonderful days last week! We loved our time together. :) We shopped, enjoyed an Indian lunch, walked along the coast, sipped tea and munched streusel with Elisabeth at a little shop in Rockport, and played lots of Scrabble...chatting and chatting the whole time. I'm certainly a blessed to have the mom I have... VERY blessed.

This was our Mother's Day dinner.
I tried to convince her to go for MacDonald's but noooo, she had to have Massachusetts lobstah!



This is said lobster, post-pot.


A beautiful little rainbow! Mom so loves the sea that it is fun to have her out here.
She delights in each little changing mood of the sky and surf.


The midget ladies


Mother's Day Scrabble game! (Hmmm is this the beginning of a tradition?) I made her some tiramisu and we had tea in a nearby park while she creamed me in Scrabble. She's nearly impossible to beat.


I snapped this shot while she was talking with Nate, who called her from Alaska to wish her Happy Mother's Day. What a sweet smile!


This isn't a Mother's Day picture but it's a special one to me. Mom snapped Elisabeth and I a few days ago. :)

9 comments:

  1. You look so much like her! I'm glad you and enjoyed yourselves :) It's Sophie btw..too lazy to sign in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! glad you and your mother had such a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally special! Glad you could have a sweet visit. Isn't Mother's Day a good holiday? I like it immensely. =-P Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!!!!!!

    xoxoxoxo
    chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, and such nice pictures! I'm so glad you got a chance to be with your Mom on Mother's Day...and she got a chance to be with you! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani Dear -
    Mother's Day is special when our children make it so! I am sure she is as blessed to have you as a daughter as you are to have her as a mom! God is so good, isn't He, in the families He has arranged?
    My Mother's Day was special in a different sort of way - Carl, Alex, Anna and I traveled 11 or so hours down towards Pensacola (and 5 or so more hours on Monday)to be there to watch Chris graduate and pack him up to move home. So I would say 11 hours captive in a car WAS a wonderful Mother's Day Gift! And the card they got me was, er, awesomely appropriate. . I wish I could show it to you - lets just say I laughed for a good while!!
    Love you, and I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your mom!
    love, teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani, So glad you were able to see your mom for five whole days! What a blessing to you.Love ya and xoxoxoxo's from the girls and QT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Dani, My Mother's Day was one I'll never forget...especially the part where I beat you best out of 3 in Scrabble (-: But seriously, it was such a joy to spend those days with you. I love you and am so proud of you-for all the right reasons..your love for the Lord, your servant's heart, your Godly character. Thanks for the memories, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just love you, dani. love this blog and your amazing abilities to share on here. love that you have a great mom. love that God orchestrated it so that we could meet. ;) and love that you have been given this incredible opportunity to serve that amazing lady in the last photo too. they showed 'end of the spear' at a church we visited last night. really impacted the congregation watching. soak up this last little bit where God has you for now. and keep us posted on what's next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!