Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Robe


I finished watching this film a few minutes ago. Sounds like a cliche, but as with each time I watch it, I've again been deeply moved and inspired by the story. There's a lot to take away from it; a lot to think about after watching it. It's one of the few that I don't get tired of watching...A fantastic, epic classic which is perfect to watch over Easter week. Fiction, of course, but it gives a powerful portrayal of the impact that Christ's death and resurrection had on those fortunate enough to be in direct contact with Him.

To watch it on YouTube, click here (it's pretty good quality, if you don't mind having so switch to a new part ever 10-15 minutes!) I'm sure you could rent it if you'd rather.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen the end....I suppose it would be more impacting to watch it w/ the first hour and some? =-P I'll have to try and get my family to see it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani,
    Thank you for posting this! We had never seen it and just finished watching it. It was all that you said in your post and really blessed us.
    May we live completely committed to our Savior as well.
    Have a blessed Easter celebration my friend. Hope you have something good planned and aren't feeling too terribly homesick....
    Hugs,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!