Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our Song...

NOTE:
Just spoke with Carlee and got the word that her blood work has come back clear! Thanks for prayers. :)


Today is a rainy, dreary afternoon.
Isn't it strange, how the whether affects your mood?

I was looking for an encouraging song on my iTunes account and came across this one. It's kind of a paraphrase of Psalm 3 that I wrote for my sister Carlee when she was battling breast cancer.
I can't really take credit for the thoughts expressed in the song--thanks to King David-- so I don't suppose it's I'll-mannered for me to say that it's made my heart feel somewhat restful again today. Outside the window, a brooding sky hovers over a gray, tempestuous ocean. And yet:

You, LORD, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the LORD,
and he answers me from His holy mountain.

Carlee goes in for a 6-month check up tomorrow, and I'm sure would be grateful for your prayers. Those days when we sat and cried through this song seem far away; but somehow, not far enough away.

I love you, sis. :)




10 comments:

  1. Oh Danielle-

    I was feeling so down tonight and wanted some encouragement...just felt led to check your site like I always do (just never comment!). This was the encouragement I needed, bless the Lord! You are such an amazing woman, and I so admire how you're using your single years. God will reward your faithfulness, Dani!

    {HUGS}
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet Dani,
    I was missing you tonight and SO enjoyed hearing your voice! You're a wonderful sister (and auntie, and daughter....) May the Lord lift your head, be your shield and answer you from His holy mountain. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dani,
    Just a note to say I'm praying for Carlee tonight. She and I met years ago at an ATI function after my brother, David Smith, went to Russia with your brother Scott...anyway, that was a long time ago, but how neat to see how God has blessed her! Praying that she gets good news tomorrow.
    Sara (Smith) Bilodeau
    PS Also a cool thing for me to have 'met' you through your blog...I can see that you are a ruby waiting for God's best! Don't give up; don't settle for something else! May He bless you as you live to be a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments! SO much!
    Toria, praise to Jesus that the song encouraged you! That makes me glad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you heard how the check up went??

    Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani, thank you so much for letting us know about Carlee. We are praising the Lord along with all of you and continue to pray for His constant care over all the Hobbits. Please give them our love.

    Have a blessed Easter, Dani. Please know you are always in our prayers and treasured in our hearts.

    Much love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani - my post is the same as Michelle's - praises to our Lord above for His grace.
    Miss you and can't wait to see you when you get home!!
    love, teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the update on Carlee! Been praying and checking daily for news! God bless you all!
    Sara Bilodeau

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, little sister. It's been too long since I've been on here. Thanks for singing to me tonight. I love and miss you so much. C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!