Thursday, July 15, 2010

If You Give a Girl a Dust Rag...

Have you ever read the children's books, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, or If You Give a Pig a Pancake? Well today I created my own little story. A true story, no less. Some day when I am famous I will sign it for you.

Ladies and Gentlemen......*drumroll* Introducing.......


If You Give a Girl a Dust Rag

If you give a girl a dust rag, she'll want to dust the living room with it.
While she's dusting, she'll notice some dirt on the windowsill.

Most likely, she'll decide she'd better clean the window too.
While she's in the kitchen trying to find the window cleaner, she'll notice that the kitchen windows are pretty dirty, too... so she decides to do all the windows on that side of the house.

When she's done cleaning the windows, she'll notice that it doesn't look very clean, because the screens are still dirty.

She'll decide to go outside to wash off the screens.
While she's outside, she'll look up and happen to see the outside of the windows.
They're dirty, too, so when she's done with the screens she'll grab a bucket, rag and squeegee and wash those too.

When she's done washing the windows on that side of the house, she'll walk around front to dump the water.
On the way, she'll see that the windows on the other side of the house are dirty too, so she'll start washing them as well.

When all the windows are sparkling clean, she'll sit in front of the picture window in the living room and admire how clean it is:
While she's sitting there, she'll see the dust rag laying on the windowsill.

And chances are,
If she sees the dust rag on the windowsill,

...She'll want to dust the livingroom. :)



9 comments:

  1. Can that girl come to my house :D Great story, and I'll take a copy or two. I am glad you are enjoying your time there! Hugs and Prayers!! love, teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. i say we start bidding for her teri.....i'll give 50.00.
    and i would also like a signed copy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You guys crack me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani you are a busy beaver but i saw some streaks on that window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Grampa O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani, as soon as I saw your intro I called the entire family together and read your story out loud just like we use to read the "If You Give" books. Oh, what fun! I think you have a best-selling book on your hands :o) LOVE the picture of you! And I think we're all longing to be seated at the big window watching the waves roll in.

    We're so happy to see you settled in and hearing regularly from you via your blog. We think of you so often and keep you in our prayers. May God bless you richly!

    Much love,
    CSL

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is too funny Dani!! i LOVED reading If You Give a Mouse a Cookie when i was younger!! you should totally publish this with cute little illustrations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my view looked that good after my cleaning was done! I must be doing something wrong! Maybe I just need s visit from you! Love the story. What a blessing you are!
    Love you, Kari

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! I just read my kids the book 'if you give a mouse a cookie!
    Classic.
    I like your take!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL!!! Dani, you are so awesome. ;)
    {{huuuuugs}}
    miss toria
    www.purelittleladiesministry.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!